Happy Labor Day weekend! Yesterday, I hiked Oyster Dome with friends. It’s an amazing 5-mile hike that overlooks Samish Bay, the Olympic Mountains and several islands. It’s a rather steep trek, but so worth it once you get to the top. If you’d like to be inspired to eat healthier and move more, I’m running a new nutritional and movement challenge. It starts September 28. You can find more details about it here. Today is a family day. Depending on what the kiddos want to do, we are either going to a corn maze (yay, fall!) or visiting a bluegrass festival. I love that Bellingham and the surrounding areas have so many fun family activities. How are you spending your weekend? If you’re soaping, tag #SoapShare on Instagram so I can see! =)
Left to right, clockwise:
- I have a feeling these Confetti Dipped DIY Envelopes might be a little messy, but when they look this cute…does it matter? 😉
- The little pearl details on these Tiffany-Blue Macarons are so beautiful. That blue color is perfect too.
- Sometimes simple soap is the way to go, as shown in this Simple Natural Soap Tutorial by The Nerdy Farm Wife.
- These La La Lavender & Lemon Cloud Cupcakes are inspiring me to make some lavender soap cupcakes!
Fall is basically here. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, leaves are falling and the air is getting crisp. If you’re feeling inspired by the change of seasons, this Pumpkin Pie Soap Tutorial is the perfect project. Prefer melt and pour? Check out this tutorial.
Next Friday, we are shooting three full-length Soap Queen TV videos. One goes over how to use the silicone impression mats. If you have any tips for using the mats, I’d love to hear them. Shown here is soap made with the Cupcake Impression Mat and the Butterflies and Feathers Impression Mat.
- How cool is this Dinosaur Fossil Soap by Simplistic Living? Little boys would love it!
- Speaking of awesome tutorials, check out this foundation and tinted moisturizer recipe. =)
- Is your soapmaking a hobby, or a business? It matters to the IRS!
- Yes, I have another blog (one just wasn’t enough!) In this post, I’m sharing my tips for putting together a Mastermind group.
- If you’re a creative person, this article on unlocking your creative thinking is a must-read.
To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making!