Happy Mother’s Day weekend! I hope you’re able to spend some time with your mom or loved ones tomorrow. This weekend is especially fun for me because it’s my birthday week as well. I had a fabulous celebratory day; my friends and family all made me feel extra special. Today, I plan on spending lots of outside time with the kiddos and straightening our new, empty house (but that’s a blog post for another day). It has been so warm and beautiful here in the Pacific Northwest…it officially feels like spring!
Above, I spent some time this week in Jamisen’s classroom. It’s so fun to watch him interact with his classmates and teacher; it really makes me realize how fast he is growing up. I would love to be able to lead a crafty project with his class and have just the perfect project for little hands: bath fizzies. If you’re looking for crafty inspiration for yourself, check out my favorite pins, grams and tweets from the week below.
Left to right:
- I love this Rainbow Ombre Cold Process Soap by Kenna of Modern Soapmaking. The LabColors give a gorgeous, subtle bleeding effect.
- This Healthy Mexican Salad is full of color and texture. Any salad with lots of avocado is alright by me =)
- This tutorial for Color Beans for Play and Art looks like something Lily and Jamisen would love.
- Plain wooden bowls from the thrift store are made modern again with a little paint in this tutorial.
I love the sparkle that mica colorants give soapy projects. If you’d like to learn more about micas and how to use them, check out this Sunday Night Spotlight post.
Last weekend, Lily spent the day playing with her baby cousin Alise who is getting so big, so fast(!). The weather was so beautiful! On the right is the final design for an upcoming Soap Queen TV video. This drop swirl is scented with a blend of berry fragrance oils…I can’t wait to film!
- I love the crisp layers in this Homemade Gardener’s Soap made by Simplistically Living. The exfoliants on top are perfect for removing dirt from gardening.
- In 2014, Tory Burch’s company brought in more than $1 billion in revenue. Her story is so inspiring; click here to learn how she got started.
- Have you heard of the YotaPhone? Released last year, the phone features two displays.
- I’m a huge fan of eggs; they are a great way to add extra protein to salads. This article dives into the terms associated with industrial egg farming to help you choose the highest quality egg.
- Want to turn your blog into a career? The Minimalist Baker has some great tips. My favorite? You gotta hustle!
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.
Kate De Leeuw says
Hello! I have a quick question. I have a four pound soap recipe that I make a lot , but was wondering if I could double the batch? If it has any thing to do with it, I use 6.1 ounces of Lye, and also add coconut oil, olive oil and canola oil.
Absolutely! Just go ahead and double the amount of oils you use. I would recommend running it through our Lye Calculator again just to make sure you get the correct lye and liquid amount. 🙂
Lye Calculator: https://www.brambleberry.com/Pages/Lye-Calculator.aspx
-Kelsey with Bramble Berry
Happy Mother’s Day!
You live in such a beautiful place!!! That is some nice view there where the little girls are playing!! Just gorgeous!! 🙂
Oh such a beautiful place – Bellingham, WA really is so luscious with how much it rains so the few months it doesn’t? It’s magical! I love all the hiking we have here too.
Margaret Grimm says
Happy Mother’s day to you too, Anne-Marie! Great pictures! I really love how the color palette for the little cousins playing together matches the upcoming soap 🙂
Ha! Good eye! =) They do match. The new soap is super fun too. It took me 3 tries to get the color palette just right …