Happy first Sunday of 2016! Today the kiddos and I are celebrating the birthday of one of their friends. Little kid birthday parties are the best; so much excitement and fun! Yesterday, we did a Builder’s Workshop at Home Depot and went on a day trip to Vancouver, BC with the kiddos. How are you spending your first weekend of 2016?
If you’re thinking about how to make 2016 the best year yet, there is still time to enter to win a set of planners. Just share your goals with me on this blog post by tomorrow to enter to win. I will be choosing a winner by the end of the day tomorrow. Next week, get ready for lots of love inspired tutorials for Valentine’s Day. In the meantime, check out my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams for more Valentine inspiration.
Left to right, clockwise:
- These Linzer Cookies are so incredibly beautiful! They would make wonderful Valentine’s Day gifts.
- New Year’s Eve might be over, but these DIY party crackers would be great for any celebration.
- I love these DIY Gold Dot Champagne Flutes look so sophisticated. I’m going to try these with a Valentine’s Day spin!
- This Dark Knight Handmade Soap by Earth’s Raw Beauty is lovely. Be on the lookout for a rainbow heart swirled soap tutorial soon =)
I’ve been making lots of melt and pour this week. On the left is a melt and pour truffle project scented with Butter Mints Fragrance Oil. These soaps smell as delicious as they look! On the right is a Valentine’s Day inspired project made with activated charcoal and Rose Gold Mica.
- Do you write handwritten cards or notes? I love that the “old fashion” tradition is still alive and well.
- It may be too late to be productive in 2015, but it’s the perfect time to start new habits. This article has some great tips.
- How much money do you need to be happy? Depends on how you define happiness. This 5-step formula will tell you how much money you need to make to do the things you want.
- Sure, friends are fun and important. But according to studies, they can actually improve your health and even help you live longer.
- A “cash free” future may be closer than you think. According to this article, bills and coins now represent only 7% of the US economy.
I hope 2016 is off to a great start for you! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berryon Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making! =)