Yay, it’s the weekend everybody! I hope you’re having a great one so far. We’ve been doing Whatcom Water Week activities today. Tomorrow I’m participating in the Bellingham Bay Marathon. Specifically, I’m running the half marathon which is 13 miles. I’ve been training for the past couple months and am excited and ready to go! I’ll be posting about the race tomorrow, so look out for that =)
Here on the blog the sparkly tutorials continued with a week full of Rose Gold Mica. This color is super trendy right now (rose gold iPhone anybody?) and it’s easy to see why! What could be better than pink and gold together? If you missed the projects, click here for a Rose Gold Cosmetic Collection, and here for the Romantic Rose Gold Melt and Pour Bars. Next week, get ready for a week of copper tutorials! In the meantime, here are my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from this week!
Left to right, clockwise:
- How stinkin’ cute are these Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies? They would make a great gift but really, just belong in my belly.
- I love the simplicity in this Orange Poppy-seed Soap Recipe. Emily’s packaging looks adorable too.
- Speaking of packaging, this DIY Flower Gift Wrap is elegant and feminine. It would work great for soap!
- Carving pumpkins is fun, but if you’re looking for something different this year, these Vintage Inspired Chalky Paint Pumpkins are perfect!
On the right are the gorgeous products included in the Rose Gold Cosmetic Collection. This tutorial shows you how to make eye shadow, lip shimmer and nail polish! On the right, the kiddos and I visited a chicken egg farm. It was fun to watch the kids learn about the chickens and where eggs come from.
- A new research suggests drinking alcohol leads to weight gain. Specifically, drinking alcohol makes it harder for your body to burn existing fat. Bummer!
- Taking a great Instagram photo is not a science, but you gotta put the work in! Click here for great tips on taking your photos to the next level.
- Think you know how to tie shoelaces? Think again! This post shows you 15 awesome shoelace methods.
- If you’re looking for ways to become more productive, click here.
- When making bath and beauty products, safety is the most important thing! These Essential Oil Safety Guidelines are a great reminder.
I hope you all have an amazing weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.