Another week, another wonderful weekend. Last Saturday I was busy running the Bellingham Bay Half Marathon, and that went so well that I’m doing it again this weekend. Run Like a Girl Marathon is today and my pregnant friend Patrice and I ran while the kiddos and Chris did the Home Depot Kids Project. Below, Jamisen and Lily congratulated me at the end of last weekend’s race. I like to think that watching their parents train for marathons is teaching lessons about hard work, determination and accomplishing goals. I guess we will find out! =)
If you’re enjoying a low key day and are in need of some soapy inspiration, check out my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from this week below!
Top left, clockwise:
- I love this quote. It’s up to you to make your life worth loving…nobody else is going to do it for you!
- I’m a huge fan of ombre soap, and this Raspberry Cream Cold Process Soap by Ruth of The Sirona Springs Blog is gorgeous.
- Who doesn’t love a rainbow color palette? These Unicorn Magic Bath Bombs are so striking. The layers and colors really pop!
- Speaking of unicorns, how adorable is this Unicorn Invitation Printable? These might be perfect for Lily’s next birthday.
- Pink flamingos would be such a fun and unique party theme. This party decor from Poppies For Grace is inspiring!
- This Tiger Stripes Soap by Jelena of Soap Techniques is jaw dropping. The layers are beautifully done.
This week felt like fall, which means it’s time to bust out the candles! Look out for the tutorial for these silver glitter candles next week.
While the temperatures have been dropping in the Pacific Northwest, the weather was perfect for the Bellingham Bay Half Marathon last weekend. I’m so glad to have finished the race with friends by my side. You can read more about the race and my experience here. On the right is a super girly confetti cold process soap made with the new Bramble Berry Juicy Couture Type Fragrance Oil. It smells amazing!
It was only a few months ago that the team and I created 30+ recipes during the photo shoot for my upcoming book, Pure Soap Making. The book doesn’t come out until February 2016, but you can pre-order now! Psssst: free goodies for pre-order friends.
- Do you feel like your productivity plummets at the end of the day? This study suggests that working in shorter, more intense bursts may help.
- If you’re thinking about changing up your hair (I just dyed mine pink!) Check out fall’s must-have hair colors.
- I’m patiently awaiting the new Pantone “color of the year” for 2016. In the meantime, check out this list for next years most fashionable colors.
- Do you drink enough water? This post is full of water consumption info.
- These adorable DIY Soap Gems by Brie of Like the Cheese are so pretty and simple.
I hope you all have an wonderful weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making! =)
Your hair looks great. I have done the same for my daughter with red (cherry) Kool Aid mix before. It works great on light hair. 🙂
And of course I placed a huge order a couple of days ago, and NOW I see you have Juicy Couture FO. I love that scent. Grrrr.. 🙂
I’ve seen those tutorials with Kool-Aid, they look really cool! It looks like the color lasts pretty long too. 🙂
Also, I hope you can try the Juicy Couture scent in the future. It smells amazing! See more of our new scents here: https://www.brambleberry.com/Blog/index.php/category/news/
-Kelsey with Bramble Berry
Bramble Berry’s Juicy Couture Type Fragrance Oil: https://www.brambleberry.com/Bramble-Berrys-Juicy-Couture-Type-Fragrance-Oil-P6341.aspx