Experimenting with color is one of my favorite aspects of making soap. The possibilities for color variations and combinations are endless. Starting this Monday, June 27th, I will be celebrating all things color with a “Soap the Rainbow” series on the blog and Instagram. The series also includes two awesome contests!
Each week (Monday through Sunday) will represent a color in the rainbow. “Red week” starts this coming Monday, June 27th, followed by orange, yellow, green, blue and purple week. Each Thursday, I will share a tutorial for the color of the week. Some of my favorite soapy bloggers will also be sharing a tutorial on their blog or YouTube channel each Wednesday. I can’t wait to see their amazing projects.
That’s where the contest comes in! Post a soapy photo that features the color of the week with the hashtag #SoaptheRainbow on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. You can post as many photos as you like each week. I will share several of my favorite photos that feature the color of the week on the Bramble Berry Instagram account. The featured soapers will win a $10 Bramble Berry Gift Certificate. That’s more than 20 gift certificates up for grabs, so it’s time to start snapping and sharing photos of your soap! I urge you to post photos that correspond with the color that week to increase your chance of winning. =)
Want to participate? Check out the #SoaptheRainbow schedule below!
Soap the Rainbow Schedule
Red Week: June 27th-July 3rd (post your red projects!)
Orange Week: July 4th-July 10th (post your orange projects!)
Yellow Week: July 11th-July 17th (post your yellow projects!)
Green Week: July 18th-July 24th (post your green projects!)
Blue Week: July 25th-July 31st (post your blue projects!)
Purple Week: August 1st-August 7th (post your purple projects!)
In addition, I’m giving away a GRAND PRIZE here on the blog. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Soapmaker Super Sampler Business Kit. This kit is not yet available on the Bramble Berry site, but be on the lookout for it soon! The retail value of the kit is more than $250 and includes:
- Ten 4 oz. Bramble Berry Fragrance Oils.
- Nine Bramble Berry Colorants.
- Three Mini Column Silicone Molds: Round, Heart & Moon.
- A collection of soaping tools including Hanger Swirl Tool, Shrink Wrap Bands, Easy Pour Containers, Squeeze Bottles and Large Silicone Whisk.
- A printed “Soapmaker’s Guide to Business” booklet with over 40 pages of information about starting your own business.
- An exclusive DVD containing:
– Four episodes of Anne-Marie’s “Tips for Soap Business Success.” Topics cover how to market your products, set goals, navigate legal regulations and more.
– Four episodes of Soap Queen TV covering cold process soap basics.
– Four exclusive cold process soap technique videos, demonstrating recipes from Anne-Marie’s Soap Crafting Book.
To enter grand prize contest, all you have to do is join the Bramble Berry Newsletter via the Rafflecopter widget below. To sign up for the newsletter, you may sign in using your Facebook account, or you can manually enter the email address you’d like to use. If you’re already signed into your Facebook account, the widget may automatically use the email associated with your account. If the widget didn’t ask for your email, it’s because you’re already signed into Facebook. =)
After you sign up, you can earn extra bonus entries by completing tasks within the widget. These are completely optional, but the more you complete the better chances you have to win! The contest ends on August 9th at noon PST. The winner will be chosen randomly by the widget.
Rules and Fine Print:
- To enter, you must sign up for the Bramble Berry newsletter via the widget above.
- Because many of the fragrance oils can only ship by Ground, the grand prize winner must live in the lower 48 continental United States.
- Winners will be chosen at random by the Rafflecopter widget on August 9th at noon PST.
- The winner will be contacted via email. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- Sharing a photo with the #SoaptheRainbow hashtag does not enter you to win the grand prize. You must enter via the Rafflecopter widget above.
- If you win a $10 gift certificate on Instagram for posting a #SoaptheRainbow photo, you are still eligible to win the grand prize via the Rafflecopter widget.
I can’t wait to see all your colorful projects week after week! Feel free to post older photos of what you’ve made in the past as well. And of course, don’t forget to enter for the grand prize above. The contest officially ends on August 9th, so you have time to earn all the extra entries as well.