One of my favorite things in life is to look at beautiful things; specifically, YOUR beautiful soap creations. My book hashtag, #soapcrafting, on Instagram has many stunning photos already. But because I just can’t get enough of your photos, I’d love to see even more! Each Friday, I will pick a photo on Instagram to win a copy of the Soap Crafting book, and share on Bramble Berry Instgram account. To enter, use the hashtag #soapshare on your Instagram photos. I can’t wait to see your soapy projects. =)
Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving! I hope you were able to sit and celebrate the season with your families yesterday, away from the traditional and normal hustle and bustle of our every day lives.
My folks arrived mid-morning, my brother Erik, sister-in-law Cheriss and new baby Alise arrived shortly thereafter and then the chaos started in earnest. We ended up having so many things in the oven that it took double the time to cook everything! It was such a joyful occasion to have baby Alise join our Faiola family clan. We have many things to be thankful for. This year, I’m especially thankful for:
Thanks to everybody who entered the Like and Win Contest! It’s been fun to interact with new followers via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr, as well as connecting with existing followers. Yesterday the contest came to an end, and we are excited to announce all six winners! Scroll down to see if you won a Bramble Berry Gift Certificate…
Sharing tutorials, soapy inspiration and bits of my life on this blog motivates and inspires me immensely. I love being able to swap ideas and interact with fellow soapers! Did you know you can find more Soap Queen tutorials, inspiration and behind the scenes sneak peeks via other social media outlets? Check out all the unique, fun soapy activity happening on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Google + and Facebook.
To show our awesome social media followers extra appreciation, enter now for a chance to win one of SIX Bramble Berry gift certificates! Simply like or follow Soap Queen or Bramble Berry on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or Tumblr (or all four!) to be entered.
For each social media outlet, one follower will be selected at random to win a $15 Bramble Berry gift certificate. One winner will be selected at random from all the social media outlets to win the GRAND PRIZE $50 Bramble Berry gift certificate. Liking and following on all outlets greatly increase your chances of winning both a $15, or the GRAND prize $50 gift certificate! This contest is open to international readers and followers as well. One person may not win two gift certificates.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Sign into the Rafflecopter widget below using your email. This makes it easy to contact you if you win!
- Via the widget below, follow Bramble Berry and Soap Queen on various social media outlets. Simply select which outlet you’d like to follow, click on the “+1″ button on the right, and follow the instructions. Note: Be sure to sign in to Rafflecopter using your email, or leave a comment on the blog while logged in using your email. This way if you win, we can contact you!
- You can also win by just reading the blog! Select “Leave a Blog Post Comment” via the widget to be entered, and leave a comment telling us about your latest DIY project.
- Tweet about the giveaway to receive an extra entry for the $50 grand prize. Select “Tweet About the Giveaway,” and follow the instructions.
- To increase your chance of winning, you may enter with all six options.
The contest ends on Monday, September 29th at noon, PDT. Six winners will be chosen at random, and contacted via email. One person may not win two gift certificates. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected at random.
Do you love testing new fragrances in your soapy projects? Here at Bramble Berry, we receive hundreds of fragrance oil samples. To help choose the very best fragrances to add to our line, we are looking for eight new members to join our S.O.A.P Panel! As part of the panel, you will have the opportunity to test eight new mystery fragrances, and help us decide which new scents to add to our lineup.
Each member of the panel will receive eight 1 oz. bottles of fragrance oil. These fragrances can be tested in cold process, melt and pour, lotions or other bath and body products. To keep opinions unbiased, the fragrances will not have names, but instead will be labeled with a number. Not knowing the name is part of the fun!
At the end of the testing and reviewing process, each S.O.A.P. Panel member will fill out a survey regarding the fragrances. We then review this survey, and choose the very best fragrances to add to our line. While not a requirement, many S.O.A.P. (aka: Soap Opinion Awesome Panel) members share their opinions and test results on their blog, Facebook pages or other social media outlets. We love hearing your honest opinions regarding the fragrances, so an ideal member of the panel won’t hold their feelings back!
Previous S.O.A.P. panel fragrance winners were: Mandarin Oasis Fragrance Oil, Mahogany Fragrance Oil, Autumn Fig Harvest Fragrance Oil, Lavender and Cedar Fragrance Oil, and Heavenly Honeysuckle Fragrance Oil.
Note: S.O.A.P. Panel members have about 7 weeks to test the fragrances. Please make sure you will be able to commit to testing all fragrances before entering. Because these fragrances can’t ship internationally, we are not able accept international entries.
This old post is a great example of what previous S.O.A.P. panel members have done for testing, blogging and tweeting. If you’d like to see more examples of how S.O.A.P. Panel members have shared their opinions and test results, check out the links below!
- Costa Productions: SOAP Panel Testing
- I’d Rather Be Soaping: Testing SOAP Panel Mystery Scents!
- Rustic Relevance: SOAP Panel Fragrance Review
- Presque Isle Soap Co: Soap Panel
Want to join in the fun? Entering is easy!
- Tweet, Facebook, Pin, Instagram or blog about your favorite Bramble Berry product (including the links) and why you should be selected for the S.O.A.P. team.
- Comment on this blog post, with links to your social media updates.
- The last day to enter is August 28th. You can still post about your favorite BB product, but you won’t be considered for the panel!
- S.O.A.P. Panel will be announced by September 5th and samples will be sent out by September 10th.
- Completed surveys need to be returned by November 3rd.
Ready, Set … Apply! =)
Today is a great day to give away a free three month subscription to Handmade Beauty Box. Wouldn’t you agree? Thank you to those who voted, offered project suggestions, and liked/followed/shared/pinned Handmade Beauty Box on social media. We read every single comment and created a master list compiling all of your project ideas. Four pages later, we’re swimming in DIY inspiration. You guys rocked it!
We have a secret and we can’t keep it in any longer. Fine. We’ll tell you. You practically dragged it out of us. Here it goes. We’re launching a new website this November 2014 called Handmade Beauty Box and we could not be more excited to share the news!
Update: You can now visit HandmadeBeautyBox.com for all the details!
What is Handmade Beauty Box?
Handmade Beauty Box is a subscription box that delivers monthly DIY beauty projects right to your door. Members will receive high quality ingredients to make the most popular DIY projects such as lotions, soaps, mineral makeup, bath fizzies, lipstick, nail polish, foot scrubs, candles, etc. The cost is $29.99 per month for your all-inclusive surprise box (including shipping). You read that correctly. Each month’s box will remain a surprise until you rip it open like a kid on Christmas morning. A crafty girl’s dream come true, right?
Handmade Beauty Box Mailing List
Do you want to be notified when the website launches so you can get in on the fun? Email us at email@example.com and you’ll be the first to know when Handmade Beauty Box goes live.
The Handmade Beauty Box website is currently under construction. That’s where you come in. We need your help deciding on a new company logo!
Enter the contest by:
1) Voting on your favorite logo HERE
2) In the comments section of the blog, tell us what project you would like to see in a Handmade Beauty Box. Think beauty, easy and something that anyone just trying the craft could try and make successfully.
The winner will receive a FREE three month subscription to Handmade Beauty Box. Contest ends Tuesday 7/22.
Pssst. Do you want to double your chances of winning? Follow Handmade Beauty Box on social media. Like, follow, and share your little hearts out. In your “Here’s what I’d like to see in your Handmade Beauty Box” just tell us where you followed us and your user name and boom, double entry!
Ready to vote, and be entered to win? Ready, set, VOTE!