Welcome to the weekend, everyone! The weather in Bellingham has been just gorgeous lately, and that means I’ve been spending plenty of time outdoors. We even took Jamisen fishing for the first time! Don’t worry, no fish were harmed in the process.
Meanwhile at Bramble Berry, we’ve been working on a series of projects to treat your toes. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you’ll be in the know about the tutorials, as well as special deals (yes, deals!)
I’m off to enjoy the sunshine, but before I do here is a roundup of my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from the past two weeks.
Top left, clockwise:
- If you have some old aluminum chairs, breathe new life into them. That weaving technique would be time-consuming, but the result is so worth it!
- This is the holy grail of desserts: ice cream cones filled with cake mix and iced to look like cupcakes. They’re almost too cute to eat, and I bet they’d be super fun to make for a birthday party.
- Lately I just can’t get enough of gemstone soaps. To make them, start with a chunk of colored melt and pour and cut until you get sharp gem-like angles. The result is beautiful! I’ve been experimenting with gemstone soap too, so expect a tutorial coming soon.
- These precious baby girl shoes need no explanation. Tiny baby shoes + little hearts = perfection.
I did some experimenting last week with the Multi-Pour Sectioning Tool. I was trying to get a swirly pattern in the center of the soap. Here is attempt 1:
- It was only a matter of time before Instagram evolved into a more complete photo editing app, and that day has finally come. If you’ve updated to the newest version of the app, you might notice you can do much more than just add a filter now. This is a quick overview of all the latest features.
- I’ve mentioned before how valuable mastermind groups are, and this Seattle Times piece lays out some valuable tips for starting your own. If you’re just starting your own soapy business, don’t be afraid to reach out to small business owners in the area to start a mastermind group.
- Here’s a little brain teaser for your Saturday afternoon: here are 25 words that are their own opposites. The English language can be so strange!
- Many of you mentioned getting more exercise as one of your New Year’s resolutions, and this work out is great when you don’t have a ton of time. It only takes 15 minutes!