Happy weekend everybody. =) This past week has been extremely (extremely!) exciting. I got my hands on the first copy of my upcoming book Pure Soap Making, and I visited Project Violet to donate the proceeds of October’s Handmade Beauty Box. In addition, Otion participated in a local Christmas tree decorating event put on by the Bellwether Hotel. Check out their adorable tree below! Get it? The Christmas tree is hanging out in the shower. =)
Next week, I’ve got a few more holiday-inspired tutorials to share before we start focusing on the new year and Valentine’s Day. Kinda crazy that it’s already time to think about 2016, isn’t it? If you’re not ready for Christmas to be over, check out some of my favorite holiday pins below. =)
Left to right, clockwise:
- I love the frosty look of these DIY Glitter Bulb Ornaments. They would be perfect for bulbs that have died.
- Tis the season of sugar, and these Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes fit the bill perfectly. =)
- This DIY Sharpie Doodle Gift Wrap is such a simple idea and looks fantastic! The gold really pops against the black.
- This Swirled Soap by Handmade in Florida is so elegant. I love the crisp and delicate swirl.
It’s been quite a long time since I made bubble bars, so I decided to make a fresh batch. The bath bars below are made with this recipe and LoveSpell Type Fragrance Oil. They are colored with the Easter Purple LabColor and Pinkberry Sherbert LabColor, and dusted with a little Fine Iridescent Glitter.
Every year, Pantone chooses a color of the year. Last year was Marsala (see the Marsala Lip Tints here). This year, Pantone announced two colors to represent 2016, Rose Quartz and Serenity. When I saw them, I instantly thought of the Once Upon a Dream Cold Process Soap. =)
- The holidays can be stressful, and it’s easy to fall back into bad (yet comforting) habits. If you need to get back on track, here are 50 ways to be happier.
- This Custom Pet Dog Portrait Carved Crayon is so cute…but I don’t think I could ever use it! Amazing craftsmanship.
- Reserve your spot for the 2×4 Live Weekend in Nashville in April, it’s going to be a blast. There are only 15 tickets left (!)
- Love a good Netflix binge? Find out exactly when you are most likely to get hooked.
- Could there be a link between beer drinking and exercise? Some studies suggest there is!
- Goldfish tea is all the rage in Taiwan. Intrigued? Click here to find out what it is. =)
I hope you’re having a wonderful Saturday! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making! =)