With Halloween quickly approaching, I have been busy gathering costumes, pumpkins and decor. Jamisen has decided to dress up as Clifford the Big Red Dog, and has been perfecting his dog noises. The weather has been incredibly unpredictable lately with pouring rain one day, and warm sunshine the next. During a trip to the pumpkin patch, it was hot enough that the kiddos decided to cool down by removing their shirts! Definitely not our average October, but we will take it.
Here on the blog, the week was all about vibrant color and spicy scents with the Color, Spice and Everything Nice promotion. The brightly-hued inspiration clearly spilled over into other social media outlets. Check out my favorite vibrant pins below, along with my top tweets and instagrams from the week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- This felt coaster tutorial by Inspired by Charm is a great way to add a splash of color to the kitchen or living room. They look super easy to make too!
- Created with plenty of food coloring and topped with cotton candy, these Cotton Candy Cupcakes would be a huge hit at a kids party.
- These hot pink, white and gold pumpkins by Lauren Conrad are both chic and adorable. I especially love the gold stems.
- I love the creativity and unique texture in these melt and pour soaps created by Limbic Sensations. The layers of color looks fantastic!
Last week we filmed the last Soap Crafting Live session for the year, wow time flies! If you missed out on the past classes don’t fret, Soap Crafting Club will be back in 2015. Click here to get the details.
Last weekend was a blast, I had a few friends over to make nail polish and a luxurious scrub. Blog post coming soon with tips on how to throw a DIY party!
- According to a study published in Frontiers in Psychology, brains can be “trained” to love healthy foods. Totally makes sense…the more junk food you eat, the more you want it!
- Fostering the skills to become an entrepreneur gives children valuable tools in life, no matter what they decide to become. This article gives fantastic tips on how to do this, including taking your children to work with you, recognizing your children’s strengths and teaching financial literacy.
- Do you check your email constantly? Here are some tips to cut back.
- When writing social media updates, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. This list of 71 Ways to Write a Social Media Update has some great ideas!
- If you need your daily dose of adorable, this video of bears playing golf in Canada will fit the bill.