Happy weekend! The past few weeks have been incredibly full. Last week, I attended the Entrepreneur of the Year Gala in Seattle. I had the honor of being nominated alongside many incredible entrepreneurs in the Northwest. While I did not win the award, it was an honor to be nominated. I know that’s a little cliche, but it truly was amazing to be recognized. Below, Chris and I enjoy the night. It was wonderful to have him by my side and enjoy a date night!
Today, I’m enjoying the sun with the kiddos. The weather has been hit or miss lately, but today is turning out to be a lovely. If you’re looking for a little crafting inspiration, below are some of my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from the past week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- This trick for cutting watermelon is genius. Why didn’t I think of this?
- These Red, White & Blue Pretzel Rods would be really fun for a 4th of July gathering.
- This DIY for Crazy Straws tutorial has a potential Pinterest-fail written all over it, but they are so stickin’ cute! Who knows, maybe it’s easier than it sounds?
- Soapinsuz_ made my Blueberry Embed Round Bars from my book, Pure Soapmaking, and they turned out perfectly. Awesome job!
I have been doing a lot of Facebook live videos recently. It’s such a fun way to connect with you all! Below, I made the Aloe Vera Hanger Swirl project from Pure Soapmaking.
Below is the Energizing Orange Soap, created with the new Natural Soap Kit for Beginners. The kit includes everything you need to make the soap, including printed instructions, labels and free shipping to the lower 48 United States. It’s a great kit for experienced soap makers too!
Did you hear about the #SoaptheRainbow series on the blog and Instagram? From now until August, each week represents a color, starting with red. Post a photo on Instagram with the tag#SoaptheRainbow for a chance to win Bramble Berry gift certificates! Click here to get all the details and learn about the grand prize. Believe me, you want to enter for the grand prize…it’s a good one! =)
- Happiness is a choice. Remind yourself of that everyday with a Best Day Ever Gold Foil Notebook.
- A big thank you to New England Handmade Artisan Soaps for this awesome roundup and review of my Pure Soapmaking book.
- This summer, what are you going to save money on?
- We have all felt disengaged at work. As a manager, here are 5 Things to Do When an Engaged Employee Disengages.
- You may be missing out on about 70% of your Instagram feed. Wait, what!?
I hope you’re having an awesome weekend so far. To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare and #PureSoapmaking so I can see what you’re making! =)