Happy weekend everybody! To those of you still battling the blizzard, I hope you’re all staying warm. Here in the Pacific Northwest, the weather has been stereotypically rainy and grey. Although I really can’t complain at all, as I recently got back from a week in Cancun for the Indie Business Cruise hosted by Donna Maria of Indie Business Network. It was so fun to spend time with fellow entrepreneurs in a beautiful place. Cancun was actually quite rainy as well…but hey, it was the beach! Be on the lookout tomorrow for a post all about my experience.
Today I’m spending time with the kiddos on the Washington coast. Above, Lily attempts to master her tricycle. Don’t worry, her helmet was nearby. She managed to get it off for a few minutes while I grabbed the camera. Of course! =) If you’re spending the day crafting and surfin’ the web, check out my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from the week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- These Conversation Heart Cookies are so cute! The colors for the frosting are spot on.
- I love the beautiful marble pattern on these Clay & Wood Bracelet Jewelry Boxes.
- Holy bath bomb, Batman! These Lady Large Multicolored Bath Bombs are huge, and look amazing!
- The spin swirl technique is tricky. Soap Techniques really nailed it with their Mirage Spin Swirl Soap.
I can’t believe my new book, Pure Soapmaking is here, yay! If you received your book, post a selfie with it on Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #PureSoapMaking for a chance to win one of ten $25 Bramble Berry gift certificates. Post by February 15th to enter.
I’m so excited about how this natural colorant rainbow soap turned out. To get these colors, I used madder root powder, an annatto seed infusion, spirulina powder, indigo powder and alkanet root powder. All these colorants will be available in a sampler pack soon =)
- I’m currently doing this 21-Day Superhero Challenge, and I’m really loving it! What are you doing to reach your fitness goals this year?
- If you’re looking to make your weekends more productive and meaningful, this list of 5 Ways Remarkably Successful People Spend the Weekend has some great ideas.
- About to send a snarky message? Use this Politeness Checker to see if it can be toned down.
- I recently updated my Goodreads list; check it out if you’re looking for some book suggestions!
- Speaking of books, check out this list of the Top 12 Books for Makers and Handmade Entrepreneurs. It’s full of great reads.
I hope you’re having a great weekend. To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making! =)
I just received your new book in the mail. I absolutely love the layout! It’s extremely organized (I’m a little OCD) and I love all the recipes. I can’t wait to try them out. Thanks for such a beautiful well thought-out book for a reference and for a good read. The pictures are fabulous!
Anne-Marie Faiola says
Thank you Erica! I am so glad that you like the layout and the organization. I originally had the recipes organized by theme (wine/beer soap, herbal infusions, purees etc) and the editors really liked the concept of grouping it by design theme. I think the book is better because of that! =)
I love the photographer; Lara Ferroni is a genius (!) and this is my second time working with her. I feel really lucky that I got to work with her twice.
=) I can’t wait to see what you make with the book. Be sure to tag me so I see your creations!