Happy first official week of fall! The Pacific Northwest certainly received the fall-memo, as the weather changed suddenly from sun to pouring rain this week. On the bright side, the garden is receiving plenty of water and the kiddos are utilizing their inside toys. Gotta stay positive!
With the grey weather comes more crafting and inside activities. Today, I’m whipping up some pumpkin puree (blog post about that tomorrow) and gathering inspiration via Pinterest for upcoming Halloween/fall projects. If you haven’t already, there is still time to enter to win one of SIX Bramble Berry gift certificates, simply for following Soap Queen on social media outlets. Click here to enter the contest! Speaking of social media, here are my top pins, tweets and instagrams from the past week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- It’s almost time to decorate pumpkins! While the traditional carved pumpkin is cute, this glittered pumpkin really brings the glam.
- Can you believe that the colors in this soap made by Zahida from Handmade in Florida are all natural? If you admire Zahida’s work as much as I do, read more about her in this interview.
- These Flourless Apple Pie Pancakes from Jessica in the Kitchen look incredibly moist and tasty. Perfect for a weekend brunch!
- I love using recyclables for DIY projects; it’s so fun to turn trash into treasure. These candy corn Ombre Wine Bottles look easy and super festive.
This week, I have been practicing my squeeze bottle skills. It can be tricky to find the right squeezing consistency, and to keep a steady hand! Practice makes perfect.
I’m thrilled with how this dandelion soap turned out! This soap has real dandelions on top, and the swirl in the center is called the Dandelion Zebra Swirl, first featured by soaper Vinvela Ebony. If you want to try the Dandelion Zebra Swirl, check out this tutorial.
Top Tweets from Twitter:
- Love almonds as much as I do? Good news, almonds may reduce heart attack risk and protect artery walls from damage. These 9 Health Benefits of Almonds will have you reaching for these tasty nuts more often!
- Working from home is a luxury. If you are able to do so, make sure you are being effective with these tips.
- Skincare routines are becoming increasingly complex, but does it actually lead to better skin? Probably!
- Staying on top of email can feel totally overwhelming. These tips are great for keeping your inbox organized.
- Taylor Swift’s shift into pop music is a great example of why cohesive branding is so important!
I hope you’re all having a great weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube.
I love the glittery pumpkin! Those pancakes look so yummy I might have to give it a try! I also love the soap Zahida made. I can’t believe they are made with natural colors!
I know, that soap is so amazing! So glad you like the post. 🙂
-Kelsey with Bramble Berry