Thanks to everybody who entered the Like and Win Contest! It’s been fun to interact with new followers via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr, as well as connecting with existing followers. Yesterday the contest came to an end, and we are excited to announce all six winners! Scroll down to see if you won a Bramble Berry Gift Certificate…
Soapy Social Media Roundup
Happy first official week of fall! The Pacific Northwest certainly received the fall-memo, as the weather changed suddenly from sun to pouring rain this week. On the bright side, the garden is receiving plenty of water and the kiddos are utilizing their inside toys. Gotta stay positive!
With the grey weather comes more crafting and inside activities. Today, I’m whipping up some pumpkin puree (blog post about that tomorrow) and gathering inspiration via Pinterest for upcoming Halloween/fall projects. If you haven’t already, there is still time to enter to win one of SIX Bramble Berry gift certificates, simply for following Soap Queen on social media outlets. Click here to enter the contest! Speaking of social media, here are my top pins, tweets and instagrams from the past week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- It’s almost time to decorate pumpkins! While the traditional carved pumpkin is cute, this glittered pumpkin really brings the glam.
- Can you believe that the colors in this soap made by Zahida from Handmade in Florida are all natural? If you admire Zahida’s work as much as I do, read more about her in this interview.
- These Flourless Apple Pie Pancakes from Jessica in the Kitchen look incredibly moist and tasty. Perfect for a weekend brunch!
- I love using recyclables for DIY projects; it’s so fun to turn trash into treasure. These candy corn Ombre Wine Bottles look easy and super festive.
This week, I have been practicing my squeeze bottle skills. It can be tricky to find the right squeezing consistency, and to keep a steady hand! Practice makes perfect.
I’m thrilled with how this dandelion soap turned out! This soap has real dandelions on top, and the swirl in the center is called the Dandelion Zebra Swirl, first featured by soaper Vinvela Ebony. If you want to try the Dandelion Zebra Swirl, check out this tutorial.
Top Tweets from Twitter:
- Love almonds as much as I do? Good news, almonds may reduce heart attack risk and protect artery walls from damage. These 9 Health Benefits of Almonds will have you reaching for these tasty nuts more often!
- Working from home is a luxury. If you are able to do so, make sure you are being effective with these tips.
- Skincare routines are becoming increasingly complex, but does it actually lead to better skin? Probably!
- Staying on top of email can feel totally overwhelming. These tips are great for keeping your inbox organized.
- Taylor Swift’s shift into pop music is a great example of why cohesive branding is so important!
I hope you’re all having a great weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube.
Facebook Photo of the Week (Sept. 20th ~ Sept. 26th)
This week was all about bright cheerful color! Jojoba beads are a great way to add a pop of color to your soapy projects. They also provide all-natural, bio-degradable, gentle exfoliation. Check out some tutorials using them in this Sunday Night Spotlight: Jojoba Beads.
Like and Win!
Sharing tutorials, soapy inspiration and bits of my life on this blog motivates and inspires me immensely. I love being able to swap ideas and interact with fellow soapers! Did you know you can find more Soap Queen tutorials, inspiration and behind the scenes sneak peeks via other social media outlets? Check out all the unique, fun soapy activity happening on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Google + and Facebook.
To show our awesome social media followers extra appreciation, enter now for a chance to win one of SIX Bramble Berry gift certificates! Simply like or follow Soap Queen or Bramble Berry on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or Tumblr (or all four!) to be entered.
For each social media outlet, one follower will be selected at random to win a $15 Bramble Berry gift certificate. One winner will be selected at random from all the social media outlets to win the GRAND PRIZE $50 Bramble Berry gift certificate. Liking and following on all outlets greatly increase your chances of winning both a $15, or the GRAND prize $50 gift certificate! This contest is open to international readers and followers as well. One person may not win two gift certificates.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Sign into the Rafflecopter widget below using your email. This makes it easy to contact you if you win!
- Via the widget below, follow Bramble Berry and Soap Queen on various social media outlets. Simply select which outlet you’d like to follow, click on the “+1” button on the right, and follow the instructions. Note: Be sure to sign in to Rafflecopter using your email, or leave a comment on the blog while logged in using your email. This way if you win, we can contact you!
- You can also win by just reading the blog! Select “Leave a Blog Post Comment” via the widget to be entered, and leave a comment telling us about your latest DIY project.
- Tweet about the giveaway to receive an extra entry for the $50 grand prize. Select “Tweet About the Giveaway,” and follow the instructions.
- To increase your chance of winning, you may enter with all six options.
The contest ends on Monday, September 29th at noon, PDT. Six winners will be chosen at random, and contacted via email. One person may not win two gift certificates. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected at random.