Thank you to everyone who participated in our Soapy Swap. We received some ridiculously fabulous soaps, and I know everyone will be totally soap nerded out upon receiving their Swap packages. It’s been just like Christmas morning around here as the boxes have trickled in this week and last. We had so much fun this go round that we decided to do another swap…details are below. In the meantime, take a look below at a few of the awesome soaps we received for this round:
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the fun… We’re announcing our August Soap Swap!
If you weren’t able to participate in this Swap, have no fear. We are hosting yet another Swap. This time, soaps aren’t due to our warehouse until August 12th, giving you plenty of time to plan, prepare and create your soaps. We will ship your soaps back out by August 23rd. Here is a quick refresher on how the Soap Swap works:
Anyone can participate in the swap, so if you’re a new soaper don’t worry. Our international friends can participate as well, but just expect to pay a bit more for shipping.
- Choose from our Bramble Berry fragrance oils and email us at Swap(at)brambleberry(dot)com telling us which ones you’re going to use. Also include whether you are going to make cold process or melt & pour soap. Whatever you send us you’ll get in return, so if you send us cold process, we will send you cold process soap in return.
- To ensure a good mix of fragrances, only 2 swap participants may use the same fragrance or essential oil from Bramble Berry per batch of soap.
- You’ll craft 12 bars of soap that are at least 4 oz. each. If you want, you can participate in both MP and CP swaps, just make sure they are “full batches” — twelve 4 oz. bars of each process. Don’t forget to label them with the ingredients you used and your company name or soaping alias. You are welcome to use more than one fragrance or essential oil, either in a blend used in all 12 soaps in your batch or by splitting your batch of 12 soaps in half ie: 6 bars one scent, 6 bars another scent.
- Soaps are due to our warehouse by August 12, so we highly recommend sending them by Monday, August 5 to ensure they arrive on time. Bramble Berry’s address is:
Bramble Berry Inc. C/O Soap Swap 2138 Humboldt Street Bellingham, WA 98225
- There is no charge to participate in the swap, but you do have to pay for shipping. To make things easy, all boxes will be shipped at a flat rate of $12.35. To pay, just add the Magical Swap Express item to your cart and checkout! Your swap items will not ship until we have received payment for your shipping.
- Once you pay for shipping, the rest is up to us! We will ship out your goodies by August 23.
To break it down:
- To make sure we have a good mix of fragrance examples, we will only allow 2 people to use the same fragrance. We will keep a list at the bottom of this post so you can check and see if your fragrance choice is still available. Fragrance and essential oils allowed will be first come, first serve, so be sure to email us ASAP!
- If you would like to use two or more scents, please let us know if you are doing a blend or sending multiple batches with each scent. This is extremely important as it determines how many of the Magical Swap Express Items you’ll need to buy.
- Please send 12 bars of soap that are at least 4 oz. each. It’s no fun to send full size bars and get teensy tiny ones in return.
- You will receive 12 bars in return of the same soaping process you sent us; so if you send in Melt and Pour, you will get all Melt and Pour bars in return. If you’d like to receive both Melt and Pour and Cold Process, you’ll need to send 12 bars of each process and pay for two shipping fees.
- Please label your soap with the ingredients you used. Feel free to get crafty with your packaging too! Here are some examples from a past soap swap.
Ready to swap? Sign up here! If you have any questions, email us at swap (at) brambleberry (dot) com! Happy soaping!
Cold Process Fragrances:
|#||10x Orange, Hungarian Lavender and Roman Chamomile blend – Alicia A.|
|A||Apricot Freesia – Laurie W.
Apple Jack Peel - Jeanette M.
Anise – Lisa N.
Almond Biscotti - Rachel D.
|B||Blueberry Fragrance & Lemon Verbena Blend – Traci C.
Berrywine & Bordeaux blend – Kelly N.
Blueberry Fizz – KeMira H.
Black Amber & Lavender and Chipotle Caramel – Susie M.
6 Bonsai – Ronnell L.
Buttercream & Snickerdoodle FO, Peppermint EO and Cinnamon Leaf EO blend – Linda M.
Beau Brummel & Ancient Sedona – Kristie M.
Blackberry Cybilla and Black Tea blend – Nicole W.
Buttercream & Snickerdoodle FO – Heather J.
Bonsai – Stacy
Berrywine - Carrie L.
Black Amber & Lavender – Suzzannemarie B.
|C||Chamomile Bergamot – Nikki H.
Chocolate Espresso – Carly L.
Cinnamon Sugar – Shannon M.
Crisp Apple Rose – Hilda B. and Tea W. (Fragrance closed)
Cranberry Realistic – Dawn
Celestial Waters – Nyota F.
Crisp Anjou Pear – Catherine W.
Citronella & Lemon Grass – Kayla A.
Chamomile & Bergamot – Flor A.
Chamomile Cybilla – Victoria S.
Chai Tea – Jamie J.
6 Coconut Lemongrass – Megan M.
6 Christmas Forest – Lannette H.
Cucumber Melon- Janet R.
Christmas Tree - Pam E.
Chocolate & Mint – Jaslind G.
Crisp Apple Rose - Jaslind G.
|D||Dragon’s Blood – Nikki & Flor A.
Drakkar – Michael C.
Dark Chocolate & Peppermint – Celena
|E||Energy – Ashley P. & Kayla L. (Fragrance closed)
Exotic Fruit Smoothie – Susan B. & Melissa S. (Fragrance closed)
|G||Ginger Lime – Heather B.
Ginger Ale – Kersten W. & Megan M. (Fragrance closed)
6 Grapefruit and Tangerine – Lannette H.
Grass Stain – Jody M.
|H||Herbal Essence – Kelly J. & Liz Read (Fragrance closed)
Hazelnut Toffee – Lisa L. & Elizabth M.
Honeysuckle – Christina M. & Brittney P. (fragrance closed)
|K||Kumquat – Morgan B.
Kentish Rain – Shawna F.
|L||Lavender, Tea Tree, and Geranium Blend – Dawnia R.
& Blackberry – Leslie C.
Lemon Verbena – Sue S. and Karen P. (Fragrance closed)
Lettuce – KeMira H.
Lime – Nikki H. & Amy B. (Fragrance closed)
Lemon Grass – Maria K.
Lovespell & Lemon EO – Ariane A.
Lemon - Christy B.
6 Lavender Green Tea - Ronnell L.
Lavender & Bergamot blend – Alex R.
Lychee Red Tea – Amy B.
Lavender & Herb – Amanda S.
Lemongrass and Sage Essential Oil – Sandi S.
LoveSpell – Erin C.
|M||Moonlight Pomegranate – Mary S.
Macintosh Apple and Mango Mango Blend – Dawn W.
Marrakesh – Amy B.
Moroccan Fig – Carol R.
|O||Oatmeal Stout and Almond Biscotti – Autumn B.
Oatmeal, Milk and Honey – Sheri B.
6 Orange Grove – Jean C.
|P||Pineapple Cilantro – Holly K.
Pink Grapefruit – Nikki H.
Pinot Grigio – Karen H.
Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Espresso – Andrea
Plum Tea – Celena
Patchouli – Lori S.
Plumeria – Sophene A. & Heather C. (Fragrance closed)
Pumpkin Lager – Elizabeth M.
Persimmon Pudding – Michelle U.
|R||Relaxing – Kathy S.
Rise & Shine – Mary S. & Julie V. (Fragrance closed)
Raspberry Porter – Jody P.
Rosehip Jasmine, Ylang Ylang and French Vanilla blend – Kathy M.
|S||Summer Fling – Gretchen O. & Julie V. (Fragrance closed)
Sweetgrass – Aurora G.
6 Southern Peach – Jean C. & Debbi C. (Fragrance closed)
Sleigh Ride – Abigail T.
|T||Tomato Leaf & Grass Stain – Teresa F.
Tropical Punch – Marsha F.
|V||Vanilla Select – Michele L.
Vanilla Select, Dark Rich Chocolate and Cybilla Blackberry blend – Michelle K.
Vetyver – Rachel W.
Vetyver and White Ginger Amber blend – Dawn W.
Vanilla Oak – Alison D.
|W||Wasabi – Robin S.
White Ginger & Amber – Nancy C. & Heather Folks (Fragrance closed)
White Tea & Ginger and Sandalwood blend – Elizabeth K.
Melt & Pour Fragrances:
Lemon Verbena Yankee Type – Jade H.
|B||Baby Rose – KeMira H.
Beau Brummel – Toni K.
|C||Cherry Almond – Jade H.|
|E||Energy – Carly L.|
|G||Ginger Pear – Becca S.|
|H||Herbal Essence - Nikki H.
Hazelnut Toffee – Elizabth M.
|L||Lettuce – KeMira H.
Lovepsell – Kayla L.
Leather – StacyLemon Verbena – Jade H.
|M||Moroccan Fig – Carol R.|
|P||Peppermint 1st Distillation – Jasmine|
|R||Rain – Nikki H.|
|S||Strawberry – Marsha F.|
|T||Tangerine & Champagne blend – Jasmine
Tropical Vacation – Laura H.
Tropical Punch – Tea W.
|Y||Yuzu and 10x Orange – Kelly J.|