Get ready, get set, SOAP! It’s time once again for a Bramble Berry Soap Swap! Our soap swaps are easy to participate in, and you may even meet a few fellow soapers or learn some new techniques yourself. Our last soap swap was a huge success, and we can’t wait to see what soapy surprises we get this year! Interested in swapping? Read on to find out how to get started!
How it works:
Anyone can participate in the swap, so if you’re a new soaper don’t worry. Our international friends can participate as well, but just expect to pay a bit more for shipping.
- Choose from our Bramble Berry fragrance oils and email us at Swap(at)brambleberry(dot)com telling us which ones you’re going to use. Also include whether you are going to make cold process or melt & pour soap. Whatever you send us you’ll get in return, so if you send us cold process, we will send you cold process soap in return.
- To ensure a good mix of fragrances, only 2 swap participants may use the same fragrance or essential oil per batch of soap.
- You’ll craft 12 bars of soap that are at least 4 oz. each. If you want, you can participate in both MP and CP swaps, just make sure they are “full batches” — twelve 4 oz. bars of each process. Don’t forget to label them with the ingredients you used and your company name or soaping alias.
- Soaps are due to our warehouse by Monday, May 6, so we highly recommend sending them by Tuesday, April 30 to ensure they arrive on time. Bramble Berry’s address is:
Bramble Berry Inc.
C/O Soap Swap
2138 Humboldt Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
- There is no charge to participate in the swap, but you do have to pay for shipping. To make things easy, all boxes will be shipped at a flat rate of $12.35. To pay, just add the Magical Swap Express item to your cart and checkout! Your swap items will not ship until we have received payment for your shipping.
- Once you pay for shipping, the rest is up to us! We will ship out your goodies by May 17.
- As an added bonus, the first 30 people to send in their boxes will receive a bar of soap made by me using one of the new recipes and techniques from my Soap Crafting book (which isn’t available for sale until August 30, but you can pre-order it here!)
To break it down:
- To make sure we have a good mix of fragrance examples, we will only allow 2 people to use the same fragrance. We will keep a list at the bottom of this post so you can check and see if your fragrance choice is still available. Fragrance and essential oils allowed will be first come, first serve, so be sure to email us ASAP!
- Please send 12 bars of soap that are at least 4 oz. each. It’s no fun to send full size bars and get teensy tiny ones in return.
- Please label your soap with the ingredients you used. Feel free to get crafty with your packaging too! Here are some examples from a past soap swap.
- Worried about your cold process soaps not curing in time? You can put use-by dates if you’re cutting it short!
Ready to swap? Sign up here! If you have any questions, email us at swap (at) brambleberry (dot) com! Happy soaping!
P.S. Like the color fade soap you see at the top of this post? Check out our post about the SoapyLove 3 Color Fade to learn how to do it yourself!
Cold Process Fragrance Oil Requests:
1 Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Cybilla – Victoria C.
1 Blackberry Sage Cybilla – Jennifer H.
1 Ginger Lime – Debby L.
1 Cherry Blossom – Tanya R.
1 Energy – Scherry C.
1 Lilac – Catherine W.
1 Anise – Sarah T.
1 Oatmeal Stout – Heather C.
1 Wasabi – Jennifer R.
1 Yuzu – Kelly J.
1 Summer Fling – Nyota F.
1 Vanilla Oak – Michelle U.
1 Meyer Lemon – Ashley S.
1 Passionfruit Rose and 1 Kumquat/Fresh Mango Blend – Cassandra P.
1 Island Coconut – LeAnn N.
1 Vanilla Vanilla Cybilla – Christine K.
1 Crisp Apple Rose – Abby T.
1 Almond – Lori S.
1 Lemon Cake – Adrianna M.
1 Patchouli - Jamie C.
1 Lovespell - Alison D.
1 Grapefruit and Mint Essential Oil – Heather J.
1 English Rose – Erin C.
1 10x Orange, Bergamot EO and Patchouli EO – Dana W.
1 Blackberry Cybilla – Emily T.
1 Pineapple Cilantro – Melissa P.
1 Cranberry Pomegranate – Mary L.
1 Vetyver – Tami D.
1 Leather – Jessica
1 Beau Brummel - Jessica
1 Spellbound – Catherine W.
1 Fresh Zucchini Flower – Toni K.
1 Herbal Essence – Ann C.
1 Lavender Bouquet Cybilla and 1 Lavender Forest – Liz R.
1 Arabian Spice – Jeanette M.
1 Ginger Ale – Robert W.
Sweet Pea, Lavender & Chamomille Huggies and Bonsai – Toni B.
1 Lemongrass & Patchouli – Lisa H.
1 Energy & Lemon Verbena – Hilda B.
1 Rise and Shine – Marg P.
1 Cucumber Melon – Ashley Pruitt
1 Lime & Mint – April B.
1 Dragon’s Blood – Jen F.
1 Nag Champa – Amy B.
1 Black Raspberry Vanilla – Heather F.
1 Chamomile Bergamot – Sharon H.
1 Lavender 40/42 – Gretchen O.
1 Blend of Ginger Ale, Champagne and Kumquat – Leslie I.
1 Pumpkin Lager – Richelle M.
1 Lavender – Audra W.
1 Soapy Clean – Nikki H.
1 Blend of Dark Rich Chocolate, Vanilla Bean and Coconut Cybilla – Kelly O.
1 Blue Man – Shalene M.
1 Black Tea and 1 Black Amber and Lavender – Kim G.
1 Sun Ripened Raspberry & Dark Rich Chocolate – Holly K.
1 Wake Up Rosemary – Kristie M.
1 Dark Rich Chocolate & Cream Cheese Frosting – Elizabeth M.
1 Pink Grapefruit – Christina M.
1 Baby Powder – Shannon M.
1 Relaxing – Michelle
1 Chipotle Caramel – Melodie C.
1 Tangerine & Vanilla Select – Sarah B.
1 Dark Rich Chocolate & Chai Tea – Shawna F.
1 Relaxing – Michelle A.
1 Vetyver & Mandarin Myrrh – Sylvia
1 Lime – Amy
1 Cherry Blossom – LuAnn R.
1 Spearmint Eucalyptus - Debra K.
1 Lavender Chamomile Huggies – Susan C.
1 Oatmeal, Milk & Honey and 1 Ginger – Wanda A.
1 Black Raspberry Vanilla & Champagne – Nancy R.
1 Rise & Shine – Dawnia R.
1 Apricot Freesia – Cathy J.
1 Lemon Poppy Seed & 1 Lavender and Orange – Francis S.
1 Fresh Linen and Lavender – Joy H.
1 Clementine Cupcake – Amy T.
1 Cedar and Saffron – Miranda B.
6 Bars Berrywine, 6 Bars Watermelon/Pearberry – Mary S.
1 Lavender 40/42 - Leilani O.
1 Energy & Sun Ripened Raspberry – Tanja K.
1 Tea Tree Oil & Rosemary - Erin R.
1 Moroccan Fig – Hayley M.
1 Black Raspberry Vanilla – Sabine M.
1 Spiced Mahogany (hot process) – Nikki W.
1 Raspberry Porter and 1 Baby’s Breath – Caron W.
1 Beau Brummel – Victoria S.
Eucalyptus Blossom and Peppermint – T.A. H.
1 Summer Melon Spritzer – Renee
Patchouli, pink grapefruit and tea tree oil – Karin M.
1 Pepperberry – Michele C.
1 Plumeria (hot process) – John D.
1 Crisp Apple Rose – Ariane A.
1 Passionfruit Rose – Aurora G.
1 Chipotle Caramel and Strawberry/Vanilla/Dark Rich Chocolate Blend – Rachel Y.
Melt and Pour Fragrance Oil Requests:
1 Ocean Rain – Rachel E.
1 Mint Chocolate Chip – Tricia R.
1 Amber – Kelli G.
1 Cherry Almond - Marilyn P.
1 Energy – Toni K.
1 Oatmeal, Milk & Honey – Ashley P.
1 Apricot Freesia – Kymberlee
1 Bay Rum – Elly I.
Almond Biscotti, Hyacinth, Feliz Navidad, Monkey Love – Jaslind G.
1 White Tea & Ginger – Kelly M.
1 Grapefruit Lily – Leah W.
1 Fresh Bamboo – Rosemary R.
1 Wasabi – Rosetta M.
1 Lemon and Lavender – Erin R.
1 Cherry Pop Lemon Drop – Carlee S.
1 Peach Champagne – Jamesha B.
Almond Biscotti, Chocolate Espresso, Exotic Fruit Smoothie & Toasted Rice – Karen H.