I hope you are all having a great Labor Day weekend! Mine has been filled with sunshine and gardening. With summer ending, I’m trying my best to harvest summer crops and get ready for fall. Luckily, the warm weather lasts into September here in the Pacific Northwest, so there is still time to enjoy the sun before the fall chill sets in. I do need to pull most of my kale because it got powdery mildew (yes, I dried water + milk 1:9 ratio and some other things I’ve read online to try), so I’ll be replanting kale this weekend too. Speaking of fall, be sure to sign up for our Newsletter to be in the know about upcoming promotions and exclusive projects. We have some really fun and festive holiday and fall ideas, and can’t wait to share them with you. In the meantime, here are my favorite pins, tweets and instagrams from the past few weeks! Pins: Left to right, clockwise:
- This Rose Necklace and Ring Tutorial by The Idea Room is adorable. I would love to use a deep purple color and wear the necklace during fall.
- Doesn’t this Tomato and Blueberry Salad look delicious? I have never tried blueberries in a salad before, I love the color they add.
- With vibrant colors and an amazing swirl, this Dusk to Dawn Soap by Petals Bath Boutique is a showstopper. If you’d like to try a Faux Funnel Pour, check out this Soap Queen Tv video!
- As summer ends, it’s time to start planning my fall garden. Here are 10 Vegetables to Grow in Fall, I might try to grow some garlic.
Instagram: With fall on it’s way and Pumpkin Spice Lattes officially hitting stores on September 2nd, we have been busy creating pumpkin inspired projects =) Be on the look out for them next week! Creating a textured soap top is easy; simply use a spoon to make peaks! Covering it with Sparkle Gold Mica doesn’t hurt either =) Tweets:
- When trying to lose weight, it can be tempting to hop on the scale several times a day. Here are 5 reasons why you should use your scale sparingly.
- It would seem that all scientific studies offer life changing breakthroughs, but many are simply bad science. When reading a scientific study, here are things to look for to help evaluate the claims of the study.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, yoga participation only grew 4.5% in 2013, while the sales for yoga apparel increased by 45%! Seems comfortable and stylish is a winning combination.
- What does social media’s ability to make us all “microcelebrities” mean for our lives? Creating and sharing content online continues to shape how we build relationships.
- If you suffer from anxiety, here are 6 Tips for Fighting Anxiety (with one being especially important!)