Happy, happy Sunday! The past week was pretty great. I had the opportunity to speak at the Seattle Startup Week along with other awesome entrepreneurs. The event was about how it takes grit and resilience to create your own business. It was definitely a career highlight for this year.
On Friday, I answered some questions on Instagram stories. If you missed the Q&A, make sure to follow Bramble Berry on Instagram so you can catch the next one! Thanks to everybody that asked a question, it was really fun answering them. =) Below are some of my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from the week.
Top right, clockwise:
- The swirl in this cold process soap by mee_hue is so beautiful! It’s perfect for Christmas without being too “Christmas-y.”
- These Meringue Fruit Baskets are almost too pretty too eat.
- I love making ornaments with the kids for the holidays. This DIY Snow Globe Christmas Ornament Tutorial looks perfect.
- The year is almost over, and I’m ready for a fresh new year. I can’t wait to see what 2017 brings! I’ve got some exciting things planned and the future feels bright. =)
Last week, the team and I shot three full length Soap Queen TV videos. We are working hard to create and post videos more often. =) In one video, I showed my friend Courtney how to make facial soap with activated charcoal. She is such a hoot, it’s always fun filming with her!
Did you catch the Cosmic Cotton Candy Melt and Pour Soap? I love the way it turned out! It takes a little bit of patience because it involves layers, but the results are worth it.
- I love the simplicity and elegance of these Eucalyptus Bars from Bathhouse Soapery & Caldarium.
- Looking for a cute bath bomb tutorial for the holidays? These Shimmery Snowball Bath Bombs are perfect!
- A class action lawsuit was filed against Tom’s of Maine deodorant over its claim that the product is all-natural.
- If you’re a history buff, you’ll love the Hardcore History podcast. The episodes are three hours long and full of interesting info.
- If you’re trying to squeeze in more physical activity into your routine, it doesn’t need to be complicated. Walking does the trick!
- Busy is not the same as productive. In order to be productive, you have to practice being your future self.
To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see your projects!