Happy Sunday! This weekend we experienced a big rain and wind storm. Because of the nasty weather, it was full of more books and inside crafts with the kids. I’m also in the middle of leading a 42 day nutrition and fitness challenge; read more about that challenge and future challenges here. With the nasty weather I’ve had lots of time for meal prep, and had the opportunity to catch up with my treadmill and weights. Check out some of my healthy and delicious meals from the week below – veggies and fish cooked lots of ways =) Everyone in the Best Day Ever challenge group is posting delicious meal photos multiple times a day. It’s easy to stay inspired when you see yummy food photos. =)
Speaking of healthy eating…are you guys ready for Halloween? 😉 I’ve been scouring Pinterest for crafty Halloween ideas to enjoy the holiday without all the sugar. Check out some of my favorite Halloween pins below, along with more crafty inspiration from Instagram and Twitter.
Far left, clockwise:
- How cute are these Hot Glue Spider Web Coasters? Such a great idea, and they look super easy too!
- These Pumpkin Spice Soaps by Seaside Soap Kitchen are adorable. I love the swirls and various shapes.
- I’m off sugar for a while (42 days to be exact) but I might need to make these Pumpkin Spice Caramel Apples just because they are so pretty.
- Black and white soap is so striking, as shown by this Charcoal Lemongrass Soap by Arts Market.
Even though we haven’t even had Thanksgiving yet (if you’re in the states that is), now is the time to make holiday gifts! I’m working on a holiday inspired butterfly swirl soap for an upcoming Bramble Berry newsletter. Sign up to see the full tutorial in the coming weeks!
If you’re a melt and pour soaper you have time on your side. But, it never hurts to be get started early! This snowflake melt and pour tutorial will be on the blog in a couple weeks.
- This Rosette Soaps Gift Set by Mianra Soaps is a fantastic example of how beautiful packaging can really elevate an already wonderful product.
- I need to make this Unicorn Poop Slime pronto!
- Are you a morning person? This post may help you discover a reason to get a jump start on the day.
- Speaking of jump starting the day, a healthy diet can give you more energy. Click here for some simple rules for healthy eating.
- Need some soaping inspiration? Check out this video of Emily of Shieh Design Studio making Frosted Forest Soap.
To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making!