Happy weekend everybody! Today the team and I are filming three full length Soap Queen TV videos. We decided to film them on a weekend morning, as the Soap Lab gets quite hot in the afternoon. I’ll be posting sneak peeks of behind the scenes on Periscope (@brambleberry), Snapchat (user name: Bramble-Berry) and Instagram (@brambleberry) so look for them early. These projects are super fun (!) and include cold process cupcakes and melt and pour soap gems. If you want the recipe to the cold process cupcakes early, sign up for the Bramble Berry Newsletter! It will be coming out in the newsletter next week =)
Left to right, clockwise:
- These Green Tea Bath Bombs from Katie of the Casual Craftlete are made with green tea seed oil and green tea extract. They are perfect for tea lovers like myself.
- I love planners and notebooks. I have several, and use them religiously. These Free Printable Watercolor DIY Notebooks are so cute and the sayings are inspirational.
- Full of color and fun shapes, this Camu Camu Carnival Soap from WhippedUpp is so unique!
- Speaking of color and shapes, these DIY Sidewalk Chalk Gems bring color outside. =)
I’m trying my best to soak up as much summer as possible. Below, Lily and I enjoy a beautiful day on Lake Samish. That little girl sure loves the water. =)
On the left are the amethyst soap gems that are being made into a Soap Queen TV episode today. I love how sparkly they are. On the right is a cold process soap scented with Summer Fling Fragrance Oil. It’s colored with burgundy pigment, ultramarine pink oxide and titanium dioxide. We set a goal to re-soap all of our fragrances this year and this is just one of the 50+ batches we’ve done in the last two weeks. It’s fun to soap up, and, to soap up often.
- While crayons don’t really go bad, sometimes it’s nice to refresh your collection. If you have a bunch of “extra” crayons, there is a National Crayon Recycling Program!
- Ever wonder what all those numbers and scores on Snapchat mean? Find out here.
- The world of “professional Viners” is a strange and interesting place. This article on Logan Paul (the 10th most popular Vine star) gives a fascinating look into the lifestyle.
- Creating lists is a great way to stay organized. These 10 lists are important if you want to be successful; I have them all except #9. Which are you missing?
- If you would love to publish a book but don’t know how to get started, Selah Press Services may be for you. The service includes DIY book publishing for Kindle and more.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.