It’s always fun to try new soaping techniques, but it can also be valuable to revisit the basics. The past week I shared two tutorials perfect for the beginner soaper as part if the Back to Basic series. If you have never made cold process before, the first tutorial in this series, Simple & Gentle Cold Process Soap, is the perfect place to start. Be on the lookout next week for tutorials of the purple and blue soaps below. This series also includes the Back to Basics Kit which includes all the ingredients (except lye) you need to create the four projects!
Today, the kiddos and I are taking a walk down to the ocean to enjoy the beautiful weather. I feel so lucky to live within walking distance of the beach. We spent some time at the ocean last weekend as well, and Lily was incredibly tempted to jump in. Too bad the water in Washington is always freezing! If you are inside today and need some crafting inspiration, check out my favorite pins, ‘grams and tweets below.
- I love the layers and bright colors in these Whole Fruit Popsicles. These colors would look great in soap!
- Speaking of great colors, the green and white swirl in these Coconut Verbena Soaps by Irish Artisan Handmade Bath and Beauty Products looks beautiful.
- I would love to try these Watermelon Cupcakes, made with lime Jell-O and Watermelon Kool-Aid. The flavor combination sounds delicious!
- As a business owner, it’s crucial to understand how to price your items. The soap business is no different. This article by Modern Soapmaking has some great tips.
Stephenson Jelly Soap Base is now available on Bramble Berry! You can find it here. It’s super fun to make and even more fun to use! I can’t wait to bring some home for the kiddos to play and wash with. If you have young children, definitely make sure they know it’s not edible. =)
On the left is a lip balm made with beautiful Peach Shimmer Mica. I love the soft shimmer it gives! On the right, the family and I took a walk down to the ocean. The weather has been so wonderful!
- Eating healthy can seem complicated, but these Simple Rules for Healthy Eating make it sound easy…because it is!
- Cool down from the summer heat with these cute Homemade Popsicle Soaps made by Brittany of A Spark of Creativity.
- Life is all about balance, but it can be really hard to achieve. This article, 7 Habits of People Who Have Achieved Work-Life Balance, has some great tips.
- Looking for nutritious breakfast ideas? Check out What 12 Highly Successful People Eat for Breakfast, including Justin Timberlake, Kelly Ripa, Margaret Thatcher and Richard Branson.
- In order to success online, content needs to be shareable! Find out what makes content shareable or not here.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.