Happy weekend =) Today the family and I are busy getting everything sorted into our new home. There is still a lot of work to do, but it’s slowly coming together. Last weekend was Lily’s 2nd birthday (post on that tomorrow), and it was great to start filling the new house with family memories.
In soapy news, the winners of this month’s Great Cakes Soapworks Challenge were announced. Bramble Berry gave the grand prize winners $100 each, and new fragrance oils for the runners up. Below is the grand prize winning soap, made by Teressa of Nourishing Handmade Body Care. I was blown away by the detail in these adorable mini dessert soaps. It’s hard to believe they are not edible! If you’re looking for more soapy inspiration, check out my favorite tweets, pins and ‘grams from the past week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- I love the fresh green color of this Cucumber Aloe Vera Soap by Riens Hnadmade Soap. The textured top makes it look so creamy!
- These Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles look awesome. I love adding pickles to salads, or having them for snack.
- Francois et Moi made this beautiful Pull Down Style Botanical Wall Hanging out of wrapping paper. It looks so professional, chic and classy.
- Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite veggies. This Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprouts looks right up my alley.
On Thursday, the tutorial for this American Flag soap went out via the Bramble Berry Newsletter. It took three tries until I was happy with the final soap…those layers were tricky! Click here to sign up for the newsletter to receive exclusive tutorials and information about new products and upcoming sales.
I made these lavender and lemongrass hot process bars for Soap Queen TV last week, and have been using them non-stop since. I can’t wait for you to see the video. On the right, Jamisen “helped” me make butterscotch cupcakes for Lily’s birthday. Look for the recipe tomorrow =)
- Facebook’s new “Critics’ Reviews,” will allow reviews on select restaurant pages in the US. I wonder how this will affect Yelp in the future.
- Speaking of food, this oatmeal hack could totally change your breakfast.
- This list of 25 Businesses You Can Start for Less than $100 is incredibly interesting. Also, soap making made the list!
- Contouring with face makeup seems to be all the rage right now. If you don’t have an hour for makeup in the morning, this 1-minute Contour Look is helpful.
- I don’t have a TV in my house, and this list of 10 Reasons You Should Stop Watching TV reaffirms my decision.
I hope you all have an fantastic weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.