Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! I hope the weather is allowing you to get outside to barbecue and enjoy the outdoors. Yesterday, the team and I filmed four full-length Soap Queen TV videos. The projects include a bath fizzy, cold process, hot process and eye product. I can’t wait to share the videos with you.
Jamisen and his buddy enjoying the sunshine! I hope you’re able to enjoy the weather this Memorial Day weekend.
Tomorrow is Bellingham’s annual Ski to Sea race, and this year Bramble Berry is participating. The race has seven legs, including running, biking, canoeing and sea kayaking. It’s an intense race, and I can’t wait to cheer on our team. I’m not participating this year…but maybe next year. =) If the weather has you stuck inside, check out my favorite pins, ‘grams and tweets for some crafty inspiration.
Left to right, clockwise
- These Bahn Mi Spring Rolls look amazing! I love spring rolls; they are a great alternative to salad.
- I love the orange and white color palette of this soap made by Titania’s Dreamy Delights.
- The marbled effect of this Melted Crayon Rock Art is beautiful! Jamisen and Lily would have a blast with this project.
- Now that I’ve tried the petal technique with soap, it’s time to try it with cake! The blue color palette on this Blue Ombre Petal Cake is stunning.
Have you tried hot process soap before? On the left is a hot process project scented with the yummy Espresso Fragrance Oil. On the right are some of the salts that you can use in your bath and beauty projects. Click here to learn more about salt.
Weekends are for fun! Last Saturday, Jamisen and I had a blast putting together a pillow and blanket fort.
- What’s the right amount of exercise per week? This article suggests 150 minutes per week.
- Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated! These simple rules for healthy eating are both useful, and totally doable.
- The Cannes Film Festival banned some women not in heels from the red carpet. Unsurprisingly, there has been plenty of backlash.
- Do you use hashtags? Learn the do’s and don’ts of hashtags here.
- If you’re scared of spiders, you probably shouldn’t click this. Hint…spiders falling from the sky. Eeek!
I hope you all have an fantastic Memorial Day weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.
Hi! If you could please please do a bath melt tutorial I’ve tried them before and they didn’t work 😉 thank you so much,
Thanks so much for your suggestion Jasmyn! We have a couple bath truffle recipes you may like. I’ll include them below. 🙂
Orange Creamsicle Bath Truffle: http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/bath-fizzies/orange-creamsicle-bath-truffle/
Making Bath Truffles on Soap Queen TV: http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/bath-fizzies/making-bath-truffles-on-soap-queen-tv/
-Kelsey with Bramble Berry
Is that your back yard, Anne Marie?
It is just the most beautiful view!! 🙂
Anne-Marie Faiola says
Bellingham is right on the water and everyone in town feels so lucky to have a strong maritime industry (fresh fish, great jobs in that industry) and the fresh air that blows in off the water and yes, the lovely views from many places in town. I hope you get a chance to visit Otion one of these days so you can take in the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.