The exciting news this week was my visit to the Starbucks Roastery in Seattle. It was an amazing Disneyland experience – the Disneyland of coffee that is! I was so inspired by the visit that I’m pretty sure there’s a blog post in there about branding and experience. I instagrammed (and even vined!) the visit up.
These are the top pins of the week. Follow me here:
Left to right, clockwise:
- These Spring in Bloom Paper Lanterns by Lia Griffith look so delicate and sophisticated. I can see these lanterns at a spring wedding or birthday party.
- Speaking of spring celebrations, this Vegan Blueberry Lime Cheesecake would make a great party dessert. I love how colorful and fresh it looks.
- This Crystalized Handmade Soap by Royalty Soap looks good enough to eat with colorful swirls and a textured top.
- I try to keep my desk organized…buuuutttttttt it doesn’t always happen. With spring cleaning around the corner, this DIY desk organizer looks like a great way to keep things neat.
Sometimes it takes a few tries to get a recipe just right. Below are the first two attempts of the Luck of the Irish Hot Process Tutorial. I’m really happy with the lighter, fresher green tones in the final tutorial.
Speaking of colors, this Create a Rainbow: Mixing Colors in Cold Process Soap blog post demonstrates how to make a rainbow of colors using only three pigments. On the left are a batch of soap for the local Umpqua Bank. They have been a huge supporter of Handmade Beauty Box, and soap is the perfect way to say thank you.
- If you are a chocolate lover like myself, Nestle products are working towards removing artificial flavors and colors by the end of 2015.
- Can less sleep actually be better for you? Several studies suggest 7 hours of sleep may be better than 8.
- If you use “selfie sticks” to take the perfect selfie, some art galleries are joining the movement to have them banned.
- Taking the temperature of squirmy, energy-filled kiddos can be hard; these temperature-taking stickers are a life saver!
- Working on getting fit before summer? The best time to work out may require you to wake up extra early.
I hope you are all having a great weekend, and enjoy Oscar Sunday tomorrow! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube.
The Black Currant says
I just wanted to say Inlove the espresso sample that comes with this months orders! It’s super strong like a real espresso and it would go amazing with my dark rich chocolate and vanilla select fragrances! 🙂
But I am a bit confused by the coffee MP tutorial you have on the website for it. The ingredients say 2 oz of espresso FO but the directions only add up to 1 oz! Which is it?
That is one of my absolute favorites right now! So glad you love it. 🙂
Espresso Fragrance Oil: https://www.brambleberry.com/Espresso-Fragrance-Oil-P5889.aspx
Also, the ingredient list says 2 ounces because that’s the size of the fragrance oil that comes with the kit. The recipe needs 1 ounce of fragrance oil. Sorry for any confusion!
Sample of the Month Project: https://www.brambleberry.com/Copy-of-Sample-Idea-Sheet-for-February-2015.aspx
-Kelsey with Bramble Berry