Can you believe tomorrow is the 1st of February already? Time flies when you’re having fun! Yesterday the team and I filmed several videos for Soap Queen TV and the new Bramble Berry YouTube channel. Look out tomorrow for a behind-the-scenes post into the shoot. We filmed two cold process recipes, along with a colorful and sparkly melt and pour soap. Below is an Instagram photo of the melt and pour project. Based on the Rainbow Hearts Melt & Pour project, this soap was updated slightly to feature more hearts per bar.
Today we did a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) activity day and of course, are in the midst of prepping for the Super Bowl tomorrow. Do you have fun Super Bowl plans? Jamisen is starting to pay attention to the sport, while Lily simply enjoys wearing her Seahawks gear. I picked up some cute Seahawks cookies from a local bakery to celebrate and those are sure to be a huge hit. On Friday, some of the Bramble Berry team showed their support with plenty of blue and green; go Hawks!
Top left, counter-clockwise:
- This Mulberry Frost Soap by Soap & Restless and Shieh Design Studio is a showstopper. The colors remind me of a peacock, and the embeds add interest to the swirl.
- Speaking of peacocks, the tutorial for these DIY Peacock Feather Wine Glasses makes the process look simple and easy.
- This Glitter Heart Bunting tutorial creates incredibly sparkly heart garland that would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day party.
- Made by Otion Soap Bar, this Palm Free Waterlily Orange Soap uses straws to create negative-embed space. If you’d like more tutorials featuring negative space embeds, check out the Misty Maritime Moon Cold Process Soap.
- I’m putting this Tiny Sparkly Rose Gold Heart Ring on my Valentine’s Day wishlist =)
- This Granola-Crusted Yogurt Fruit Tart by Honestly Yum looks so impressive. It would make a great light option for family brunch.
This past week has been full of colorful projects for a fun promotion starting in February. Below on the left, is a cold process soap made with Ultramarine Blue Pigment and Ocean Rain Fragrance Oil. On the right, is a chamomile soap made with Yellow Oxide and Chamomile Bergamot Fragrance Oil. I can’t wait to share these tutorials with you!
- Teachers are incredibly valuable, but are notoriously under-payed. What happens when teachers are paid more? Amazing things!
- “Life audit,” refers to an exercise in self-reflection that helps uncover core values and goals. This article dives into when, and why to do a life audit.
- I’m over-the-top thankful for the life I lead, but one can never be too grateful. Here are five ways to incorporate thankfulness into your daily life.
- Photoshop in the media is out of control; just look at these before and after photos of Kate Middleton on the cover of Woman’s Day.
- I can be my own worst critic. If you’re like me, here are tips on how to smack down your inner critic.
I hope you are all having a great weekend, and enjoy Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube.