This week has been equal parts amazing, hectic and inspirational. On Tuesday night, Umpqua Bank hosted a magical launch party for Handmade Beauty Box. It was an incredible night filled with food, drinks, a DIY salt scrub bar and lots of love and support. I’m so proud of the Handmade Beauty Box team, and everything they have accomplished. A big thanks to everybody who has supported this new venture…I hope you are all having a blast making the first Handmade Beauty Box project!
Despite the gloomy and grey weather, this week has been full of colorful soapy projects. Check out the fun projects we have been making via my favorite Instagrams below, along with lots of colorful pins! Also, look out for a spicy and warm soup recipe tomorrow =)
From left to right, clockwise:
- I love the idea of using leftover materials to make something beautiful. These colorful presents are made using recycled materials, and they look fantastic!
- Full of vibrant color, this Layered Modified Mantra Rainbow Soap made by Kenna of Modern Soapmaking is the perfect soap for winter blues.
- The holidays present a lot of opportunities to indulge in sugar and butter. This Arugula Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Goat Cheese looks like the perfect, reduced-guilt holiday salad.
- Speaking of leafy greens, this Kale Pendant is made with real kale! Wouldn’t mind if this necklace was under the tree this year =)
Top row, left to right: Rosey rebatch soap scented with Ylang Ylang Essential Oil…smells amazing! This sunshine soap makes me happy every time I look at it; it’s made with embeds created from the 6 Half Cylinder Silicone Mold.
Bottom row, left to right: Earth and water was my inspiration for this blue and green soap made with the Vertical Wood Mold. Pantone’s color of the year, Marsala, was the inspiration for this wine colored lip tint.
- Some days, getting out of bed is so hard! Here are some tips to drag yourself out of that warm, cozy bed. One tip is grabbing your laptop and start working before leaving bed…sounds good to me =)
- Do you follow the Paleo Diet? Personally I love the way it makes me feel, but this article makes some great points about why it may not be the best choice.
- Ever wonder how active your pets are during the day while your at work? This man strapped a FitBit on his cat to find out, the results are so interesting!
- If you are a listener to the Serial Podcast (and if you’re not, start listening!) these photos of the real-life “characters” bring the story to life.
- Do you love eggs? I probably eat at least one a day! Find out the recommended daily egg intake here.