Welcome to August! I can’t believe how quickly summer is flying by. This past week has been full of fun in the sun, including playing at the lake (or child-size lake), and celebrating birthdays. Today I’m whipping up a yummy sorbet recipe, so keep your eyes on the blog for that recipe this weekend! It’s the perfect sweet treat on a hot summer day.
In the Soap Queen lab, I have been soaping up a storm with plenty of new melt and pour projects, and a few cold process soaps. What crafty projects do you have planned? If you’re looking for an easy weekend project, the new Soap Queen TV episode covers the basics of melt and pour soap. If you missed any of my social media posts this week, here are my favorite pins, tweet and instagrams to review:
Top right, clockwise:
- It’s been a while since I sat down at the sewing machine. This simple Tres Step Pillow Tutorial looks like the perfect project to start sewing again.
- I’m always on the lookout for healthy breakfast options that get me out the door quickly. A Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie sounds like a great way to start a busy day.
- The column pour is one of my favorite soap techniques, and this post is full of column pour inspiration! I love that one technique allows you to create so many drastically different designs.
- With seasonal allergies in full swing, these strongly brewed Green Tea Ice Cubes look great for calming puffy, tired eyes.
This week contained plenty of soapy sessions! Curious how to set up your work space efficiently? The Soapy Session and Preparation Guide has a bunch of tips to help your soaping time run smoother.
As demonstrated by the video below, plastic containers do not mix well with undiluted essential and fragrance oils! Luckily, plastic mishaps are easy to avoid. The Undiluted Aroma Oils + Plastic Don’t Mix blog post dives into this topic.
- During summer, it can be difficult to find the time or desire to keep up with social media. These 10 Time-Saving Social Media Tools make it easy to stay productive and still have time to enjoy the sun.
- If I ever get a chance to visit Japan, the beautiful Hitachi Seaside Park will be on my list of things to see! Covered in millions of small blue flowers, the park looks otherworldly.
- In order to come up with a brilliant idea, you first need to get rid of some bad ones. This is especially true when attempting to create new ideas for a startup. Bottom line? Don’t give up!
- With so many fad diets with random sources, it’s important to get advice from nutritionists. The 16 foods that nutritionists reach for when slimming down aren’t surprising…lots of veggies!
Have a great weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube.