What You’ll Need:
clear melt and pour
white melt and pour
non-bleeding liquids, Labcolors or Micas (Exact colors used for this project are Apricot Blush Mica mixed with Orange Mica)
Fragrance oil (Good ones are Yuzu, Tangerine EO, Synergy EO blend, Energy and Creamsickle)
Droppers or PJ Tool Kit
Silicone Brownie Tray (a must-have for soap crafting)
Biscuit Cutters or a Round Cookie Cutter
Rubbing Alcohol in a spritzer bottle
Paring Knife (or small cheese knife)
1. Melt 16 ounces of soap in the microwave. Color and fragrance based on your color preference. Place your silicone mold on a flat surface and wipe it out with an alcohol-dampened paper towel. This is to ensure your mold is clean and dust free.
2. Pour the soap into the mold and wait for it to fully harden. Once it is hardened, peel the soap out of the mold.
3. Most biscuit cutters will come with three to four sizes of cutters. Choose a large, medium and small sized cutter. Ideally, you want one cutter size in between the two sizes you choose. The larger cutter will be the “rind” size and the smallest cutter makes the “slices”.
Push down firmly with the larger of the cutters until the entire flat piece of soap looks like a pockmarked slice of cheese.
4. Take the medium cutter cutter and cut out holes inside the larger circles. Save the medium circle cut outs and the round circle rinds.
5. Now, take the medium inside cutout circle and cut into it with the smallest slice. Save the round that comes from this for other fun projects to do with melt and pour. For the remainder of this Citrus Slice Soap Project, you will only use the large rind (step #3) and the small circular cut out (step #5).
6. Cut each small circle into definable citrus slices.
7. To make a realistic citrus soap, having a center adds to the effect. Carefully shave off a little snip of the tip with a small paring knife.
Check back tomorrow for the full completion of this project tabbed, day-by-day link to each of the projects.
koinonia community says
That looks so simple. Isn’t it crazy how you have to try the difficult way to discover a nice simple way works best?!