With the new year in full swing, it’s safe to say I have hit the ground running! The past few days have been spent planning and making goals for 2015 for business, personal and family. If you’re curious, you can read more about my personal goals for the next few months here. After a whirlwind of a week, we’ve got an action-packed weekend planned with multiple play dates and crafts galore. We’ll enjoy lots of time at home with a crafty projects and lots of toy trucks.
Above, Jamisen hauls sweets in his toys. Marshmallows and monster trucks, what more could a kid want? If you have any great ideas for toddler inside games, I would love to hear them! The weather this week is surprisingly clear, but the rain is sure to return. My “Toddler Fun,” Pinterest board is full of ideas, but I’m always on the lookout for more. Speaking of Pinterest, check out my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from this week below.
From left to right, clockwise:
- This stunning butterfly swirl soap made by Handmade in Florida is stunning. The butterfly swirl is one I still need to perfect…practice makes perfect!
- Dainty and delicate, the Crepe Paper Cherry Blossom Branches created by Lia Griffith are a great way to always have fresh looking flowers in the house.
- Made with quinoa, red cabbage, carrots and edamame, this Asian Quinoa Salad looks incredibly fresh and tasty.
- Made with Epsom salt, Champagne Fragrance Oil and La Bomb Colorants, this Mimosa Salt Scrub by Otion Soap Bar
Below are just some of the soapy projects the team and I made in 2014. I can’t wait to see what fun projects 2015 brings!
On the left, Lily cuddles up to her daddy. These two have been inseparable lately, and it’s so cute. On the right, this Rose and Primrose rebatch project is a a great way to make cold-process soap without having to handle sodium hydroxide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, you’ve already received the tutorial in your inbox. If not, it will be on the blog later this month!
- This year, both UPS and FedEx are changing how they charge customers for lightweight shipments in large boxes. Read more about that here.
- You’ve probably heard the rumor that cellphones give you cancer…but is it true?
- During your free time, how do you spend it? These graphs looking at an average day of unemployed men and women are surprising and interesting.
- Sometimes multi-tasking is completely necessary, but it can also kill productivity. Here are 5 tools to combat multitasking and get your focus back.
- Does a watermark actually prevent image theft? Kenna from Modern Soapmaking argues “no.”