Happy Halloween weekend! It’s always a little bit of a bummer when Halloween falls on a weekday, but it’s also fun to celebrate at the office. This weekend, the kids did a little trick-or-treating, and have become very protective and concerned with their buckets of candy. I don’t keep a lot of sugar around the house, so that bucket of candy might as well be a bucket of gold! I must admit, it’s a little bit tempting to me as well, but I can’t let my Best Day Ever challenge group down. =)
Now that Halloween is over, it’s full steam ahead to the holidays. Be on the lookout for another holiday inspired tutorial, and in the mean time, check out my favorite links from around the web below!
Left to right, clockwise:
- I’m starting to brainstorm healthy dishes for Thankgiving, and this Fall Quinoa Salad looks perfect.
- This Baroque Soap by Steso is so elegant looking. It would make a fantastic holiday gift.
- What could be better than juicy pomegranate seeds? Pomegranate seeds covered in dark chocolate of course!
- A textured soap top covered in mica looks so luxurious, especially when it’s gold! These Golden Green Tea Soaps by Soapish proves it.
The tutorial for this snowdrop inspired hot process recipe will be up soon. I don’t make hot process soap often, but when I do, I so appreciate being able to cut and use it the next day! The beautiful blue in these bars is created with Caribbean Blue Mica.
Halloween might be over, but pumpkin season is still in full swing. If you ask me, it’s pumpkin season until the end of the year. =) Learn how to make this Pumpkin Pie Cold Process Soap here. Just make sure guests know it’s not for dessert!
- Sitting all day at a desk and couch is terrible for your health. I love my stand up desk for this reason.
- This restaurant owner found a loyal following for her healthy oatmeal, and turned it into a business. Her story is inspiring yet realistic.
- This tutorial for making a butterfly swirl soap by Soap Making Essentials is fantastic. It includes the best visual representation of the swirl I have seen yet!
- Ready for some eye candy? This store in Tokyo is an organized, colorful wonderland.
- I love watching Shark Tank, but it turns out most of it is just for TV. Bummer!
- You need money to make money, no doubt about it. If you’re looking for innovative funding sources, check out this post by Lela Barker.
To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making!
Eric, I wanted to speak on the Plantar Fasciitis you have. Its not actually from standing a long time. I had it in both feet. I also have heel spurs. There are several people that I work with who have the same issue and we sit 8 hours a day. Please look on the internet for the 3 exercises that will work within 24 hours of you doing them. Within a week you will be able to walk to work. My pain went from 1000 to about 5 within 24 hours of the exercises. They take about 5 min in the morning before you get out of bed and about 10 min to do the wall stretchs. I promise you once you do them, your pain will be NON EXISTENT. My co-worker didn’t believe me, now she is PAIN Free and we were both walking around limping EVERY DAY in agony. Have a good day. Oh, PS, I got the exercises from my foot doctor and I didn’t believe him either. 🙂
Anne-Marie Faiola says
Cleo, Thank you for posting this. That is so interesting about the foot exercises. I haven’t heard of that before so if I ever get Plantar Fasciitis, I’ll definitely google those exercises or get them from a foot doctor. Thank you for reading and for commenting =)
Hi, Anne-Marie. Regarding your standing desk post, I just want to offer a bit of advice. I also try to eat well, exercise and take care of myself and I WAS a very healthy, fit, active 49 year old. I’ve walked to work (3 miles each way) for many years and about 1.5 years ago, I tried the standing desk at work and loved it. However, in May of this year, I developed a severe and VERY PAINFUL plantar fasciitis and I would not wish this intense pain on my worst enemy. It is most likely from standing mostly in one place for 8 hours. I have not been able to walk to work since May, I have gained a lot of weight from being inactive, which makes it worse. Your feet do need a break from standing so please take care of them.
p.s. I love everything you do!
Anne-Marie Faiola says
Thank you for the heads up Eric. I’m so sorry to read about your pain and your weight gain. I know how miserable I was when I couldn’t work out after having complications with both of my pregnancies so I have been right there. Did you see Chloe’s comment above about some foot exercises that might help? It could be worth a try. I hope that your feet heal up soon so you can get back to your normal active self! =) Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.