Happy weekend! Yesterday, I flew to New York for the NY NOW Wholesale Products & Innovative Designs Tradeshow. I will be here until Tuesday. Follow “bramble-berry” on Snapchat to see peeks into my trip, and to see what the Bramble Berry team is making back at the office. I can’t wait to see all the amazing items at the trade show. I’m here for the handmade portion, so I’m sure there will be some great bath and beauty products!
Speaking of small handmade business, the new Soapmaker’s Super Sampler & Business Kit launched this week! The team and I put a lot of time and thought into this kit, which includes ten “new classic” fragrance oils, nine colorants, an assortment of soaping tools and molds, a DVD and booklet full of business information. It’s an amazing value, and the kit ships free to anywhere in the lower 48 United States. Check out the kit here. Need some more crafty inspiration? Check out my favorite links from around the web!
Far left, clockwise:
- How adorable is this Milk and Cookies Cake? The light pink frosting and black polka dots are such a cute combination.
- While that cake is cute, this Raspberry Peach Smoothie fits into my diet a lot better. And it’s a pretty pink color too!
- I love the idea of dressing up ring dishes with personalized photos.
- The pink ombré in this Cranberry Soap by Empire Soaps is beautiful! The seeds on top are a great touch.
It’s hard to think about fall when it’s 80+ degrees outside, but now is the time to start your projects! This week I made pumpkin pie cold process soap with Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Oil. I used walnut shells to create the pie color and texture, and piped white soap on top that looks like whipped cream.
If you’re still holding onto summer (no shame in that!), this cotton candy soap may be more up your alley. It’s made with Cotton Candy Fragrance Oil, which doesn’t discolor dark brown despite its sweet scent! I made this soap live on Facebook a few weeks ago (see the video here), and have been meaning to get it up on the blog. But now with fall on it’s way…it feels a little too late. What do you think?
- I love the saying, “happiness is an inside job,” because it’s so true! How will you find your happy today?
- If you enjoy wine and subscription boxes, two MIT grads created the perfect subscription box for you.
- This Cucumber Mint Bath Soak Tutorial by the Nerdy Farm Wife looks so relaxing.
- Choosing the right e-commerce platform is so important for small businesses. Click here to read the pros and cons of five popular platforms.
- I’m writing a new book that’s not about soap and I need help picking the cover! Which do you like best?
I hope you’ve had a great weekend. To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making!