Happy Saturday! Today the family and I are getting ready for Easter Sunday tomorrow. It’s a bit strange having Easter so early this year! My parents, brother, sister-in-law and niece are coming over for dinner and egg-dyeing. To dye our Easter eggs, we try to use LabColors, click here if you’d like to learn how. Can’t wait for some quality family time. =) Below, Jamisen had a lot of fun exploring a local park. I can’t believe how big he is getting.
On the business front, I’m getting ready to attend the 2×4 Live Weekend in Nashville, Tennessee at the historic Scarritt Bennett Center. The workshop is April 1st and 2nd, and one ticket just opened up! Click here to learn more about the event, and snatch up the last ticket. It’s gonna be a blast, I hope to see you there. =)
- We can be our own toughest critic. I love this watercolor painting by Heartmadearts, it’s such a nice reminder.
- If you’re looking for a colorful sweet treat for Easter tomorrow, these Layered Peeps Rice Krispie Treats are adorable! They look quick to make as well.
- Jen of Something Turquoise created these Push-Pop Lotion Bar Favors; I love the way they turned out.
- These little Cactus Soaps by Seventh Tree Soaps are so cute. The packaging is fantastic as well.
These lavender soaps colored with Ultramarine Lavender Pigment went through partial gel phase, which is what caused the “circle” in the center of the soap. If you’d like to learn more about gel phase and how to avoid partial gel phase, check out this blog post.
- There is now one last ticket for the 2×4 Live Weekend available! To learn more about this awesome business workshop, click here.
- Alcohol gets in the way of weight loss, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. This article does a great job of explaining why, and has some great suggestions for how to enjoy alcohol in a healthier way.
- Plants growing in your shower? Ack! This lotion bar from Lush has sprouted a few plants in customer’s bathrooms.
- This blog post by Katie of Royalty Soaps about starting your own soap business is full of great tips.
- Speaking of quality soaping advice, this post about Lye in Soapmaking by Amanda of Lovin’ Soap Studio has a lot of great information.
To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Katch, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare and #PureSoapmaking so I can see what you’re making! =)