I hope you’re all having a great start to the long Labor Day weekend. Here in the Pacific Northwest, the past week has been full of rain and wind. Not that I’m complaining; Washington was in desperate need of rain with all the wildfires throughout the state. The dreary weather has me in the mood for fall. This means darker color palettes, rich scents and everything pumpkin! Get ready for some pumpkin inspired tutorials next week. =) In the meantime, check out my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams from the week below!
P.S. Grandpa Faiola is reading the kiddo’s favorite ‘magazine’, babybug! We love it because it’s made of paper that can’t be easily torn and has a serial character (“Kim and Carrots”) that has continuing adventures that our kids really look forward to reading. I highly recommend it for all little readers ages 1 through 5.
Left to right:
- How amazing are these DIY Tie Dye S’mores? The colors are unbelievable! Looking at how they are made; it reminds me a lot of swirling soap.
- Speaking of amazing colors, this Ocean Waves Soap by Empire Soaps is stunning. I love the bright blue against the white layer. The mica line really helps it pop.
- The girls over at A Beautiful Mess really know how to transform furniture, and this Nightstand Table Makeover is a great example!
- I think donut soap is just about the cutest thing ever. The sprinkles and “glaze” make this Chocolate Dipped Sprinkle Doughnut Soap look so realistic.
On the left is a sparkly melt and pour project that will be on the blog later this week. It is made in the new Tray Floral Wallpaper Mold. On the right, Lily got into my lipstick and proceeded to apply it to her lips and face. Such a mischievous one!
- It’s no surprise that exercise is good for you. But did you know it’s really, really good for you? This video is full information, and explains how easy it really is to get active is.
- Instagram has been full of changes recently. The most recent update allows back-and-forth photo sending similar to SnapChat.
- Football season is starting soon, Go Hawks! If you need a chuckle, check out this video of Marshawn Lynch selling Skittles. So funny!
- If you have ever wondered why there is no sunscreen tutorial on Soap Queen, click here. Long story short? It’s super complicated!
- If you feel like your entrepreneurial energy could use a boost, check out this awesome article by Donna Maria.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.