Happy weekend everybody! This weekend I’m in Alabama for the 17th Annual Alabama Soap Meeting. I’m here to give two talks, one about alternative liquids in soapmaking and the other about building your social media presence. So far the conference has been a blast! It’s always wonderful to connect with fellow soapers in person. If you happen to be at the conference, please don’t be shy! I love chatting with soapers =) Below, Lela Barker of Lucky Break Consulting. Jen Mark and I pose for a photo at the conference.
If you’re in a need of a little inspiration, check out my favorite pins, tweet and ‘grams below!
Left to top right, clockwise:
- This Pastel Meringue Dream Cake made by Sweetapolita is a showstopper! It reminds me of Willy Wonka =)
- I would almost feel bad for eating these gorgeous Homemade Watercolor Cookies. The effect is achieved by mixing gel food coloring with extract.
- The mica dusting on this Peacock Soap by The Charming Frog is gorgeous. The purple, green and gold look perfect together.
- Have you tried the Spin Swirl technique yet? I did once, but would like to give it another go to get it just right. This Spin Swirl Soap by Tattoos & Thread turned out great!
It has been so incredibly beautiful in the Pacific Northwest the past few weeks, with temperatures between 70-80 degrees. It’s been so nice to take my reading outside and run around with Lily and Jamisen in the yard =)
Next week, get ready for a series of tutorials inspired by Africa. Below on the left is a layered Sahara Sunset Cold Process soap with a melt and pour embed. On the right, is a Lace Cold Process soap inspired by the gorgeous lacy creations of Auntie Clara’s Handcrafted Cosmetics. Lookout for these tutorials soon!
- Selling your products online is a great way to reach a wide customer base. These 9 Tips to Make Your Ecommerce Business Wildly Successful are on point.
- Ready for some closet-envy? Check out the stunning closet of Sophia Webster, including the mini-closet of her daughter, Bibi Webster. It’s simply gorgeous!
- Click here to watch an important TED Talk about why the bees are disappearing and how we can’t prevent it.
- Most people are told all their lives to “follow their passion.” But is that realistic?
- This article by Kenna of Modern Soapmaking does a great job of outlining the common cosmetic labeling mistakes, and how to prevent them.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and don’t forget…Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.