Every now and then a little silliness in life necessary, don’t you think? I’m glad my team agrees. Below (right), the team and I pose for a fun picture during a Boys and Girls Club Bingo Fundraiser. It’s awesome to spend time together outside of the office, especially when it’s for a good cause. A few of us even won at Bingo!
In more “serious” business news, I had the opportunity to speak on the latest Indie Business Network podcast, “Women, Wealth and WOW!” hosted by Donna Maria, click here to listen. In addition, I’m giving two talks at the Central Soapers Workshop in Kansas City along with other talented soapy experts on March 21st. If you can’t travel to Kansas City, the workshop also offers a virtual registration option. I hope to see you there! I was also a guest on the Business Bootcamp Podast this week. You can listen to that here. Now, let’s get to my favorite tweets, pins and ‘grams from the week.
Left to right, clockwise:
- This Cashew Coconut Nana Ice Cream with Chia Pudding and Blueberries looks amazing! Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits, possibly, actually, THE favorite.
- The bit of construction that this DIY Beaded Pendant Light requires might be worth it. The end result looks so chic yet simple.
- Who knew that you could create crystals with borax? This DIY Borax Crystal tutorial shows you how.
- This Blackjack Inspired Tuxedo Salt Soap by Kenna of Modern Soapmaking, uses sea salt and charcoal to create a sophisticated design.
The team and I have been obsessed with everything mermaids recently. Below, mermaid-inspired nail polish shades are in the works! Be on the lookout for mermaid inspired projects on the blog soon.
Below (left), I demonstrate the “frozen spoon trick,” during the Handmade Beauty Box virtual craft party. You can watch that entire 18 minute LIVE crafting session here (don’t judge; it’s hard to talk and demo with no editing or script!) =) This handy trick is a great way to test lipstick colors before pouring into containers. On the right are a box of yummy macarons that the office snacked on. Have you tried making macarons before? They are tricky, but so worth it!
- Looking for a laugh? These awkward vintage tech ads are hilarious.
- I was so excited to talk about Handmade Beauty Box on Fox News recently! It’s my first time on national news. Woot! Woot!
- This short film about nearly stingless jellyfish is mesmerizing and beautiful.
- Which traditional money tips should you follow, and which should you ignore? This article on Woman’s Day has some great tips…including one from me =)
- We hear diet advice from nutritionists all the time….but what are they actually eating?
To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube. Annnnnnd, Snapchat. Yup. I’ve joined up. To watch my ‘stories’, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.