Welcome to the (almost) end of May, everyone! It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. Within the last two weeks we finished up a rather rosey promotion, experimented with an adorably sweet new mold and perfected a sassy summer nail polish color. To keep up with all our latest news — including word of upcoming sales and promotions — subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
How is your Memorial Day Weekend so far? I’ve been laying low and catching up on yard work around the house, taking the kids on more playdates, and trying to work in a few trips to Bellingham’s beautiful beaches whenever the time and weather allows. Keep in mind that because there is a holiday on Monday, the warehouse will be operating with a skeleton crew and there won’t be anyone in customer service to answer the phones. We’ll be back in full force on Tuesday, though!
From top left, clockwise:
- I’m not usually one for houseplants, but I do like to keep a few succulents on my kitchen window sill. That’s probably why this DIY succulent wreath caught my eye! I just love the diverse colors, and it’s great because I know these little guys will last year round, even with our crazy pacific northwest climate.
- I did some personal reflection this week as I was thinking about ways to manage big life changes and transitions smoothly. I’ve never been one to sit back and wait for things to happen, and over the years this quote has become my inner mantra. Click here to read part 1 & 2 if you’re about to make a change.
- Natural clays make such fantastic colorants, and that is no where more evident than in this Clay Cold Process made by the ladies at Otion, our retail store. Those beautiful colors come from 5 different natural clays.
- I had a sweet tooth this afternoon, because I couldn’t resist including these ice cream cone cake pops. It doesn’t hurt that they are absolutely adorable too. So much goodness in every way!
I was doing a little experimenting with mica-covered embeds in cold process soap. This is a super fun technique that I’m excited to try again this upcoming week.
- Do you have a big project coming up? Tuesday might be the most productive day to get it done!
- It’s well-known that nearly every business needs a social media presence to truly thrive, but how can you build one from the ground up? I found these 5 tips for laying social media groundwork super helpful.
- This was a fascinating — and worrying — read: a journalist visits a California Dietetic Association conference only to find McDonalds is the sole caterer! This is a disconcerting look at how intertwined some fast food chains and dietary regulation organizations truly are.
Have a great holiday weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube.