This weekend, I’m enjoying the California sun during a UPS event for west coast clients. It’s been wonderful to escape the Pacific Northwest rain! When Monday comes around, Thanksgiving prep will be in full swing. Jamisen’s interest in helping in the kitchen is growing, which is both fun and messy (see photo below). This Thanksgiving dinner, I’m definitely planning on utilizing my new kitchen assistant.
Keep your eyes on the blog tomorrow for a delicious Thanksgiving-inspired breakfast option, perfect for the morning of or day after. It’s full of pumpkin, pecans, and oatmeal. In the meantime, here are some of my favorite Christmas-y pins, colorful Instagrams and interesting tweets.
Left to right, clockwise:
- These DIY Cornstarch Clay Gift Tags are adorable! This would be a great project to make with the kids. If you’re looking for more natural ornament ideas, the Beeswax Ornaments add a festive scent to your home.
- This Holly Jolly Reindeer Print Wrapping Papper is made using craft paint, pom poms and craft paper. I love the simplicity of this look.
- Created by Sunlit Soap, this Holiday Candy Cane Soap is perfectly festive and sophisticated. The stamp in the center works wonderfully with the layered design.
- You can never have too much glitter, and this is especially true during the holidays! These DIY glitter acorns would make a fun centerpiece or ornament.
The soap below was swirled with the handle of a silicone spatula, producing large swirls. These bars were cute horizontally, and I love how every bar looks incredibly different. What fun and unique swirling tools have you used?
While Christmas is right around the corner, I always have my mind on the next holiday. Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it, and with this heart-filled soap…I’m ready!
- Social media content should be driven by your community. Make sure the content ads value to that community! Here are some tips to improve your social media insight, and how to create better content for your audience.
- Ever eaten lunch at work, and suddenly felt more tired? Turns out, what you eat for lunch can effect your productivity.
- Are 3D printers the next must-have crafting tool? Probably not, but Martha Stewart and Makerbot have teamed up to make the device more mainstream. The results are pretty amazing!
- A newscaster in Australia wore the same suit for a year to make a point about sexism. Seeing how much attention we give to female public figures and what they wear, this is incredibly interesting!
- Making a bad decision for your business is a fear of every business owner. This video of the “10 Worst Business Decisions of All Time” is sure to put things in perspective.