Smile, smile, smile! Drink a lot of coffee, all day, to stay on your toes.
Have quick easy elevator answers prepared for the following questions and
1. Wow! $4.50 for a bar of soap!? Why so much!?
2. Cool! How is this stuff made!?
3. Cool! Can you teach me how to make this stuff?
4. Cool! I want product for free for my VERY GOOD CAUSE! Can you donate?
5. Cool! Where do you buy all your supplies?
6. I only use DOVE! It’s over half moisturizers. How is yours on my face?
7. I heard handmade soap was really drying to skin.
Have your business cards or contact information at the ready. Consider throwing up an Etsy store quickly with a few products just so people have a place to re-order. Have a sign up list for emails and phone calls. Have an option for a customized product order. Make sure there’s a “Show Special” so people feel the urgency to buy right now.
Just remember to smile, wear a professional outfit but comfortable shoes, and literally, stand upall day! Don’t be afraid to wheel and deal with trading other vendors – sometimes those are the best days ever.