Happy Saturday! Earlier this week I taught a class on Creative Live. It was a great experience. I’m working on a blog post about my experience, so be on the lookout for that tomorrow. Below is a shot of the lavender cold process soap that I made during the class. Isn’t it pretty? Sometimes simple soap is the best. The recipe for this soap is available in my Creative Live class. =)
Next week on the blog we are celebrating Earth Day with several recipes and ideas on how to reuse and recycle. In the meantime, check out my favorite pins, tweets and grams from the week below.
Far left, clockwise:
- I love the look of these DIY Marble Coasters. They actually remind me of a swirled soap. =)
- Lemonade always reminds me of summer. I can’t wait to make this Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade on a hot summer day.
- The texture and colors in this Mokume Gane Soap by Soap Techniques are so unique!
- This Baked Orange Cauliflower looks like a great substitute for high-calorie friend orange chicken.
This Blueberry Jam Sugar Scrub is made with two different colors of jojoba beads to create the beautiful blue shade. It’s scented with the new Blueberry Jam Fragrance Oil, which is sweet and fruity.
What do you think of the yellow layer in this hanger swirled soap? I was unsure about it, but most people on Instagram seemed to like it! This project is scented with Crisp Cotton Fragrance Oil and may become a video on Soap Queen TV soon.
- How much vitamin D does your body need? This article breaks it down for both sunny and cloudy days.
- Speaking of, here are 7 Signs and Symptoms you are vitamin D deficient.
- There is an ideal time to go to bed. If you’re a night owl, this article may persuade you to hit the hay sooner.
- There are a lot of myths surrounding essential oils. The 10 Epic Essential Oil Myths and Dangerous Uses of 2014 are still true today.
- I agree with so many things in this article, How to Have the Best Day Ever. Every day I tell myself it’s the best day ever. This positive outlook has turned so many average (or even bad) days around.
To keep up with soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Katch, YouTube and Snapchat. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare and #PureSoapmaking so I can see what you’re making! =)