Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’re all recovering well from the holiday weekend. It’s a little crazy that Christmas has come and gone. Now it’s time to focus on the new year! Today, I plan on taking it easy with the kids. The weather has been fairly rainy and grey, so we will most likely be spending the day inside playing with the new Christmas toys.
While I’m sad the holidays are over, I’m excited to get crafting projects for Valentine’s Day and spring! Be on the lookout next week for several tutorials that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. I also created a new Valentine’s Day Pinterest board to collect ideas for the upcoming holiday. I just love love =)
- I love veggies, and try to eat as many of them as possible. These Oil Free Rainbow Roasted Vegetables are such a beautiful way to prepare and cook a wide variety of vegetables.
- This Honeysuckle Soap by Hallowell Soap Works features Melissa’s signature “strong arm swirl.” To learn more about Melissa and her soapy business, read my interview with her here.
- This tutorial for Homemade Glitter Gak looks so fun! I bet LabColors would work great.
- The yellow colors in this Walking on Sunshine Soap by Empty Nest Soap Company are so pretty. The name is perfect too.
I love working with natural colorants. So much in fact, that I wrote a whole book using natural colors! It’s available for pre-order here. In the meantime, check out this blog post for tips and tricks on using clays and more.
- If you have been eating a lot of sugar lately (the holidays will do that!), this article looking at the link between sugar and cancer may convince you to go sugar free.
- Handmade Beauty Box made the Examiner’s list of Best in Beauty 2015, yay!
- We all experience failure. Donna Maria of Indie Business Network has great advice for turning failures into success.
- Who would have thought that a healthy gut is something that can help fight weight gain? According to this article, a healthy gut helps burn more calories while sleeping.
- The Mast Brothers caused quite a stir in the chocolate world this week. They have been excused of inventing their backstory, and lying about their chocolate production.
- Is it possible to have a truly balanced life? This article argues that the individual only has so much control, and that companies need to stop rewarding workhorses. What do you think?
I hope you’re enjoying the last day of the holiday weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat. Don’t forget to tag your soapy projects on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare so I can see what you’re making! =)