Happy Saturday! Today is another beautiful, sunny day in Washington state. So far, the kiddos and I have had a low-key morning followed by a trip to Farmer’s Market and, continuing to move out of our old home. We enjoyed eggs and chia/hempseed/buckwheat cereal for breakfast, followed by reading lots of new books before all that happened though. Speaking of books, Storey Publishing named Soap Crafting as one of their “Fresh Picks,” for May and the Ebook is now available for only $2.99 all month long! Click here to see the full list of awesome books selected this month. I’m continuing to put the finishing touches on my new book that is scheduled for early 2016…I can’t wait for you all to read it!
What are you up to this Saturday? If you’re making soap, I’d love to see your projects on our Facebook page. Or, tag your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #SoapShare; I check that hashtag just about everyday =) Check out my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams if you’re needing a little crafty inspiration!
Left to right, clockwise:
- This Goat Cheese Radish Tartine looks amazing! The color combination of pink and green looks so fresh and pretty.
- Made by Lathered Pony Soap Company, this “Blue Moons” soap features a tall shape and circular embeds. The swirl inside looks beautiful!
- Smiling everyday is a must! Just looking at this adorable graphic puts a smile on my face.
- Why pin things with ordinary pushpins, when you can use pushpins with pom poms? Click here for the fun and easy tutorial.
Next week will feature a selection of tutorials inspired by butterflies and bees. On the left is a funnel-pour cold process inspired by the honey bee. On the right is the Stained Glass cold process soap which will be in the Spring Soap Crafting Club.
The weather has been absolutely beautiful in the Pacific Northwest the past few weeks. The kiddos have certainly been enjoying the weather! Below Lily and cousin Alise enjoy the sun =)
- Is it okay to use an ingredient name in the name of your product? Click here to find out.
- Facebook’s News Feed algorithm is changing. This article gives the run-down on what that means for brands and publishers.
- Love string cheese? Learn all about how mozzarella went from a pizza topping to an individual snack.
- If you’re concerned about the Personal Care Product Safety Act S1014, click here for tips on how to contact your representatives. Want updates on soapy legislation? Click here to join the Coalition of Handcrafted Entrepreneurs.
- Do you use Lightroom to edit your photos? These 35 tutorials will help!
I hope you all have an awesome weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.