The morning air is becoming crisp, and some areas of the country are even experiencing brrrr, snow…fall is coming! This weekend, the kiddos and I are spending as much time as possible outside. Soon, it will be too cold and dark to enjoy the backyard and parks without bundling or gearing up with flashlights. While we will all miss our walks around the neighborhood, I’m excited for cuddly hot cocoa filled evenings.
On the blog, the holidays are in full swing with the Handmade Holiday series. The holidays are a few months away, but if making holiday gifts is on your to-do list, now is the time to get started. I have started gathering gift inspiration via Pinterest; in particular, I’m loving all the beautiful packaging ideas. Keep your eyes on the blog for cute holiday ideas and in the meantime, in case you missed any of my social media posts, here are the favorite pins, tweets and instagrams from the past week.
Top left, clockwise:
- “Do What You Love.” Such a simple statement, but it says so much! It’s amazing how doing more of what you love improves all aspects of your life. I started that process 16 years ago and haven’t looked back. I feel so lucky and #blessed.
- This raw, vegan Cream of Green Soup looks beautiful. Made with coconut milk, kale and broccoli, I’m sure it tastes decadent.
- Made with Green Clay, this Green Clay Cold Process Soap is stunning! While I’m a huge fan of swirls and intricate design, the simplicity of this soap really shines.
- How cool are these Ringly rings? They connect to your phone, and send you notifications of texts or phone calls via vibrations in the ring.
The feather swirl design continues to be a challenge, but practice makes perfect. What technique are you attempting to master?
Another technique I attempted this week was making a new negative space embed soap! Keep your eyes on the blog, in the next few weeks there will be a tutorial for this soap, which is made the same way.
- Twitter has begun testing a “buy” button that can be embedded into tweets, allowing users to purchase products more easily. This could be interesting for both small, and large businesses!
- This week I shared my favorite business books, but I read a lot of other books as well! To find my recently read books, you can always find them on the right hand side of the “About” page.
- Feeling like you never have enough time? According to sociologist John Robinson, Americans have about 40 hours of free time each week.
- A strong, clear and consistent branding concept is crucial for any business. Here are some great tips to consider when building yours.
- If you consider yourself empathetic, these 6 Habits of Highly Empathetic People may ring true. If not, they are great skills to practice.