Sugar scrub cubes are a fun and easy project for beginner and advanced crafters alike. They are made with a combination of Clear Melt & Pour Soap Base, oil and sugar. The ingredients are quickly mixed together and poured into the mold. The soap base creates a texture that can be cut into small cubes. They’re soft enough to break apart with your hands and apply. The cubes exfoliate, cleanse and hydrate the skin.
This sugar scrub project is made with ingredients in the Sugar Scrub Cube Kit, which includes finished labels and printed instructions. It also ships free to the lower 48 United States! There are enough ingredients to make multiple batches of sugar scrub cubes. The kit also includes two shades of Color Blocks to create pink and yellow cubes. You can also mix the colors together to create orange.
The key to this project is prepping the ingredients beforehand. Once the melted soap, liquid oil and sugar are mixed together, the mixture begins to thicken very quickly. You have about 10 seconds to stir before the mixture becomes “gloopy” and more difficult to pour into the molds. If it becomes too thick to pour, don’t fret. You can pop the mixture back into the microwave for about 5-10 seconds to melt the mixture and loosen it back up. Just be careful to not microwave it too much, or the sugar can start to melt!
What’s Included in the Sugar Scrub Cube Kit:
6 Rectangle Molds with Lids
16 oz. Clear Melt & Pour Soap Base
16 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
2 oz. Fresh Bamboo Fragrance Oil
1 Fired Up Fuchsia Colorant
1 Fizzy Lemonade Colorant
Finished Labels and Instructions
2 Rectangle Molds with Lids
2 oz. Clear Melt & Pour Soap Base
2 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
2 mL Fresh Bamboo Fragrance Oil
6 oz. White Granulated Sugar
Fired Up Fuchsia Colorant
Fizzy Lemonade Colorant
- 2 Rectangle Molds with Lids
- 2 oz. Clear Melt & Pour Soap Base
- 2 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 mL Fresh Bamboo Fragrance Oil
- 6 oz. White Granulated Sugar
- Fired Up Fuchsia Colorant
- Fizzy Lemonade Colorant
- Chop 2 ounces of Clear Melt and Pour Soap into small, even pieces. Place into a heat safe container. Add 2 ounces of sweet almond oil. Measure 6 ounces of granulated sugar into a separate container. Have two Rectangle Molds with Lids ready to go, with the lids off.
- Chop off a hunk of the Fizzy Lemonade Color Block or Fired Up Fuchsia Color Block (depending on what color you'd like to make) and place it into the container with the melt and pour soap. Add 2 mL of Fresh Bamboo Fragrance Oil.
- Place the container in the microwave for about 35 seconds, or until the soap is completely melted but not boiling. Remove from the microwave and stir to thoroughly mix together the soap, colorant and fragrance oil.
- Pour the sugar into the mixture and stir very quickly and rigorously for about 10 seconds. Quickly pour the mixture into the 2 molds. If it becomes too thick to pour, place the mixture into the microwave using 5-10 seconds to loosen the mixture. Don't microwave for too long, or the sugar can melt.
- Allow the cubes to harden in the mold for several hours until completely cool and firm. Release from the mold and cut into 6 cubes. Store the cubes in an airtight package to prevent glycerin dew.
- To use, break up the scrub slightly with your hand along with warm water, and apply to skin. These scrubs are great for the body, but may be a little harsh on the face. Enjoy!