When making bath and beauty products, color plays a huge role. Mixing and creating your own colors is incredibly fun, and gives your creations lots of personality. Being a lover of all things colorful, I look forward to the “Color of the Year,” announced by Pantone each December. The color of the year for 2015 is “Marsala,” an earthy wine-colored red.
These lip tints give your pucker a sheer red wine hue, inspired by the color of the year. Made with the Nourish Lip Base and additional argan oil, these lip tints feel incredibly moisturizing. A small amount of Buttercreme Flavor Oil and Lip Smacking Sweet Flavor Oil add a light scent and subtle sweetness. The great thing about this color is it only requires one mica, so no complicated mixing! This tint can be applied to a brush if you’d like to avoid red color on your fingers. You can also package this tint in lip balm tubes, but keep in mind it is a softer product .
What You’ll Need:
1 oz. Nourish Lip Base
1 Tbs. Argan Oil
1.5 tsp. Merlot Sparkle Mica
1 mL Buttercreme Flavor Oil
1 mL Lip Smacking Sweet Flavor Oil
8 Stackable Lip Pot, base
8 Stackable Lip Pot, cap
- 1 oz. Nourish Lip Base
- 1 tbs. Argan Oil
- 1.5 tsp. Merlot Sparkle Mica
- 1 mL Buttercreme Flavor Oil
- 1 mL Lip Smacking Sweet Flavor Oil
- 8 Stackable Lip Pot, base
- 8 Stackable Lip Pot, cap
- In a small heat safe container, melt 1 oz. of the Nourish Lip Balm Base in the microwave using 20 second bursts.
- Add the Lip Smacking Sweet Flavor Oil, and the Buttercreme Flavor Oil and stir to thoroughly combine.
- In a small, separate container, combine the argan oil and Merlot Sparkle Mica. Stir to combine.
- Add the argan oil and mica mixture into the melted lip balm base. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Carefully pour the melted lip balm base into the lip balm pots. Allow to fully cool and harden. Enjoy!