Do you love everything about soap? The scents, smells, bubbles handmade with luxurious ingredients and insane artistic craftsmanship? We do too, which is why we’re organizing another Soap Swap (and the crowd goes wild). It’s an opportunity to showcase your soapmaking skills and a chance to enjoy soap made by fellow soapmakers in our tight-knit community. The very first Soap Swap we organized was right before Christmas and it was a hit! We had over 100+ people participate (jaw dropping). We were up to our knees in soap and loved every minute of it. Now we’re jonesing for round two!
Here are the Details
Who can participate? Anyone! You do not have to be a professional soapmaker or vastly experienced. Just do the best you can. International soapmakers are welcome, too. They shipping charges will be a little more than for the domestic swappers, but we are happy to ship swap boxes anywhere. In fact, we already have participants form France, Sweden, and Australia.
- You send us an email telling us what Bramble Berry fragrance you are using and if you are sending CP or M&P. You can enter multiple groups, but it must be ‘full’ groups – meaning, 12 bars of MP and 12 bars of CP if you want in both groups. And yes, feel free to sign up for as many groups as you want. Just know that you’ll be making 12 bars of soap for each group.
- You make 12 bars of soap (Cold Process or Melt and Pour) and label them with the ingredients you used and your name, your company name or soaping alias. They should be full size bars of soap (at least 3.5 oz each)
- You send the soap to Bramble Berry ensuring that it is received by Monday, May 2nd.
- Ship to: Bramble Berry Inc.
- C/O Soap Swap
- 2138 Humboldt Street
- Bellingham, WA 98225
- Around April 20th-ish, you purchase the Soap Swap item on the Bramble Berry website and choose what shipping method you would like. (USPS Flat Rate Box will be $13.15 but FedEx or Priority Mail may be less expensive depending on where you’re located). We’ll make the payment and check out option available two weeks before the deadline.
- Sit back and wait for your exciting box of goodies! We will get the swap boxes sent out by Monday, May 9th.
Sound like fun? Sign-up here! If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please email swap(at)brambleberry(dot)com. Let the fun begin!
Here’s what we made for the cold process category in the last swap: Oatmeal Stout and Cranberry Fig.
Click on the links above for the recipes.