Instructions for making Aloha Surf Shorts:
1. Melt 1 ounce of white melt and pour in the microwave
2. Using a dropper, draw up some non-colored, white soap. Carefully dropper/color in the details on the Surf Shorts.
3. Wait for 5 minutes
4. Melt the remaining soap from step 1 and an additional 8 ounces of soap in the microwave. Prior to turning on heat, add 1/4 tsp Cellini Blue Mica.
5. Stir the melted soap to ensure that there are no unmelted Cellini Blue Mica bubbles. Spritz the top of the soap with Rubbing Alcohol to help break up mica bubbles. Cellini Blue is an oil soluble, lip safe colorant. It requires extra stirring to get it fully mixed in.
6. Add your fragrance (we used Ocean Rain)
6. Pour slowly and evenly into the Surf Short Mold.
7. Spritz the top of the soap with alcohol to ensure a smooth and even finish on the soap.
8. Allow to harden for a minimum of 4 hours. Gently pull away the sides of the mold from the soap. Do not force the soap out. The little strips of white color will not come with the soap if you push the soap out too quickly or harshly.
9. Wrap with Saran Wrap or some other breathable method. Label and you’re all done!
In the soap above, since Cellini Blue is an FD&C based color, the blue is morphing into the white lines making a sophisticated similar-hued accent stripe.
If you make the project, I want to see your photos. You can email them to me at info (at) brambleberry (dot) com.