It’s been two weeks since I asked everyone what their S.M.A.R.T. Goals were for this year. Wow, the post was flooded with responses; over than 250 responses. Reading everyone’s goals for the year was inspiring and in fact, everyone who wrote a goal on or before January 10 will receive a $5 coupon to Bramble Berry. Send an email to 2014goals@BrambleBerry.com to redeem your coupon!
There were so many excellent goals that it was a difficult decision to choose just three. I loved how thought out many of them were – and the balance between personal, family and business goals. My inner cheerleader is rooting for you all! I hope that just writing the goals in S.M.A.R.T. format was helpful for everyone, and I look forward to hearing about everyone’s progress throughout the year (yes, expect more S.M.A.R.T. Goals posts — we’re all in this together!)
After reading your goals through several times, I was finally able to select a few winners (but man oh man, it was hard! You guys had some amazing goals). The goals below were chosen because they fit the S.M.A.R.T. format and/or tugged at a place in my heart. Please keep in mind that there are hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of fantastic goals, and I encourage everyone to revisit the original post and read through all of the ambitious goals listed. Hopefully it will give you motivation to push through any slumps!
Winners are in no particular order, and some of these goals were quite lengthy so I’ve posted abbreviated versions here. Click the person’s name to return to the original post and read their goals in full. Also, something about a “Public Declaration” really helps me reach my goals so I hope that Jakob, Alena & Timmi feel the same way because here are their goals, excerpted for all to read. Go team!
“By September 1, 2015 I’ll weigh 215 pounds (which is down 60 pounds from my current weight, which is 6 pounds a month).
How I will reach that goal:
– Improving my diet.
– Increase my physicality.
– Work on my mental health
Nutrition goal: I will improve my diet by eliminating junk.
How I will reach that goal-
1. Eliminate soda from my diet completely.
2. Limit fast food to once a week until February 1, then every other week until May 1, then once a month.
3. When craving sweets, I’ll limit it to one snack a day, anything more than that will be substituted with fruit.”
1) I’m not dieting this year! I have battled with my weight since childhood and I’ve decided that this year I’m not setting myself up for the same failure. Instead I’ve decided to change my outlook on food. It’s gonna be a work in progress but it’s time to take the leap.
2) I’m going to spend more time with my kids. For anyone who knows me personally that may sound nuts. I homeschool my kids and work from home so there is very little time when I’m not “with” them. But I often forget to make time to just be their mom. I want that back in my life. My four little girls will be all grown up before I know it.
3) I’m going to get back into yoga at least 3 times a week. Even if it’s only for 15 minutes I’ve gotta start somewhere.
4) I am vowing to organize my house. Running a business and a school from your home can make for some serious clutter. It drives me nuts. So I’m going to get it under control.”
1)Divorce my phone and my electronics ~ I’ve already gotten rid of my cable/satellite/home phone. I’m ready by the end of February to divorce my phone/computer and use it as an accessory not as a first aide!
1) Run a half marathon by end of summer
1) We attend our church once a week and my daughter volunteers in the nursery, but I want us to start going to the 9am service so we both can do this as a mother daughter event. I have put in applications for both me and my son, we go to a megachurch so there’s always a need. My son can help out in the kids room too! It would be great socializing for him as well.
1) Finish my LLC license (umm today..I’ve just got to press submit, but I’m OCD about paperwork being correct)”
For the winners: please email 2014goals@BrambleBerry.com to claim your prize. The three winners will choose between a $100 gift certificate to Bramble Berry, an 18-Bar Birchwood Mold & liner or a box of my favorite fragrance and essential oils.
Thanks again to everyone who told us about their goals! How has your progress been so far — are you still on track?
Tip: If you’ve got an iPhone, I am in love with a to-do list app called Carrot. It’s a super fun app that definitely helps keep me on track to meet my own goals!