It’s past 6:00 p.m. and I’m completely confused as to where the entire day went. I swear, it feels like I’ve maybe been at work for an hour (tops). In between emails, essential oil sourcing, fall season planning and an impressive deluge of emails, some things that struck my fancy today are:
* Artwork made from obsolete technology here
* Article on working well with developers (this applies to all developers from graphic design to website development) here
* New Bramble Berry fragrance – Lavender & Herb – is up for sale here It would be lovely with the fabulous Lavender Mold here* Interview with graphic designer & illustrator Blanca Gomez here* DieLine blog always is a hit of packaging inspiration here* Funfetti Cupcake recipe at CakeSpy here for mid-afternoon sugar high
* This home filing system here is awfully cute but what I actually purchased was a DIY File Memo kit here
* A really interesting post on the Teach Soap Forum about using stearic acid in CP soap here* A blog post on black walls in bedrooms (probably not for me but still interesting) here* Tutorial on how to print your own fabric (I’m in love with this idea for packaging) here* Photos with tiny felt sculptures. Engaging. Cute. Time-consuming. Here.
And now, I’m going to go home and do something mundane like clean the house because I’m hosting Book Club tomorrow. Until tomorrow (or until later tonight if you follow my tweets), happy soaping!
Oooh great package ideas this blog has given me.
I also love the black walls with the contemporary decor!
Oh btw the post regarding stearic acid was used in HP not CP 😉
T – Totally agree, the little thing is a wee bit creepy. I just liked how someone was turning our trash into (in theory) a treasure. =)
Kat – I completely will take up screen printing one of these days. Seriously – love the concept so much!
Hi Casco –
I responded back to you on this post: http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2009/08/lip-balm-tubes-rest-of-story.html
I'm sorry that you missed it. You can always get me at info (at) brambleberry (dot) com
i love that post from Kelly + Olive.
Have always wondered how to screen print. and here you have it.
one day i also want to make beautiful placemats runners and pillows. one day……
it looks so simple albeit time consuming.
thank you for all the links!
What cool and wonderful links! The first photo kinda gave me the creeps though: it looks like Terminator meets The Mummy! ;}
Casco Bay Soap Co. says
Anne Marie, what I really want to know is how to contact you to ask you a question about a product….I can't find a link or anything….maybe I missed it….but I thought maybe you could have an "ask Anne Marie" day or two on your blog? I did post about a week ago, trying to get in touch with you…
Burnt Mill Candles and Soap says
loved the link for the artwork made from obsolete technology very interesting way to upcycle!