This is a random newsy housecleaning post:
1. There is one spot left for the Soapmaking Weekend Intensive. If you were waiting for any reason, now is the time for action.
2. Thank you Heather W. in California for alerting us to a batch variation in the Cybilla Dragonsblood. If you’ve received it in the last month and it didn’t smell normal to you, email me.
3. Coming Soon! We have a lovely sweet Blueberry fragrance blend coming late July to replace our discontinued Blueberry fragrance. And, you asked for it and so we jumped! Bath & Body Works has a yummy fragrance called “Hello Sugar!” Our version of this blend, “Hello Sweet Thang‘!” will be in stock late next week. Borax is here and will be in stock in 2 & 7 pound sizes later this week.
4. The Fourth of July, $5 off your Bramble Berry order, contest is coming to a close in just a few days. If you’d like to enter, head over to the TeachSoap Forum to register. It takes a day or so to get approved by a real person (Hi Courtney!) so register now even if you’re not going to post your patriotic entry until the last minute. The entry on the left is made by soap artist Lisa from Serah’s. When you check out to her site, be sure to gape in awe at her super creative Bright Balloon’s Birthday Soap.
5. Suprise Contest! I really appreciate everyone that comments and adds to the color and content of the Soap Queen blog. I have 1/2 ounce sizes of the following essential oils: Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Orange, Egyptian Geranium and the Stop Pain Synergy Blend headed to Soap Queen Commenter #53 (number picked randomly by Norman) from last week …. Erin from Heavenly Scent. Erin, email me with your address and I’ll get these out to you right away.
6. Log Mold Update: The flex plastic log mold that we’ve been diligently testing for months now is being manufactured. If you missed what it looks like, click here to see it in use. We expect them to arrive mid-July for sale. Pricing will be $24 per mold.
7. Cupcake Molds will be in stock late July.
The Crazy, Crafty Chick says
Can’t wait to get:
Hello Sweet Thang
Plastic Log Mold
Thanks Anne-Marie! Congrats Erin! I’m on Cloud Nine right there with you! I jumped for joy and called all of my friends when I saw that Anne-Marie featured me on her site! I’m still grinning from ear to ear! Thanks again Anne-Marie!
That’s a great idea for future years for sure. I definitely am excited to get the inaugural weekend done and then start planning way in advance for next year. =)
For the Soapmaking Weekend Intensive have you considered or would you consider making videos of the sessions and selling them individually and/or as a set along with handouts or material distributed at the session? Just a thought.
Erin, if the new fragrances get here in the next couple days, I’ll toss in samples to your box *but* they’re not due so it would take a little miracle for that to happen.
And, Heidi, sorry I didn’t answer your question. The mold is a 3 pound mold.
Heavenly Scent Soaps says
WOW!!! I am so happy to have won the “Surprise Contest”! I am on Cloud Nine! The Essential Oils sound GREAT!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
And, I can’t wait to try your two new fragrances! They both sound FAB!
Heidi, the silicone isn’t the silicone-silicone. Sorry – I should go change that – it’s a light, flexible plastic that is a silicone off-shoot (but isn’t the heavy, thick stuff that you’re probably thinking of). My bad … semantics. I’ll go change that right now. Thanks for the heads up. =)
Wow, there’s so much to look forward to this month. Thank you, Anne-Marie and BB staff! 🙂
I can’t wait to get a cupcake mold!
Ooooh, silicone molds for a reasonable price. I’m drooling already = ) How much soap do these molds hold?
I’m glad to see your getting a blueberry. I was looking for one for an end of summer soap.
Shannon, We are thrilled about the Hello Sweet Thang! It is really yummy. In CP, it’s a bit weak (the lemon notes unfortunately) and it discolors but in liquid soap, lotions and scrubs it is to-die-for!
Lisa (Serahs), your soaps are very cute and I really like how well-designed your web site is.
Heather, the Blueberry is a Blueberry Dessert type fragrance. We haven’t quite figured on a name (Blueberry Crumble? Blueberry Cupcake? Blueberry Biscotti? Blueberry Vanilla) but it’s got some sweet notes in it that make it drool-worthy.
[email protected] Birch says
Congrats to Erin and to Serah for her super cute soap! I was just looking for a good Blueberry fo…can’t wait
to grab some!
Woohoo! go Erin!
Crackin’ up over sweet thang…:-D
Wow! So much going on! I think I need to do a list of ‘stuff’ too! Lol 😀
I’ll have to get some of the ‘sweet thang’! Yum!
Little Shadow Creations says
~Lucky you, Erin from Heavenly Scent!:)Great surprise!!
Thanks for posting a picture of my Red, White, & Blue Cupcake Soap! Without Brambleberry and TeachSoap where would I be so thank you for so much more also!
I’m so excited about the “Hello Sweet Thang” fragrance! I just recently purchased the “Hello Sugar” from B&BW because I loved the smell so much!! I’ll definitely be getting this one. Thanks!