Lest you get discouraged in your crafting and think that my projects always turn out lovely, here are the first attempts at finding the perfect color for this project:
The two test videos above were made using Orange Mica and Black Oxide. Perhaps oil soluble black oxide wasn’t the best choice for this project. You’d think I would have remembered that after the ill-fated black cloud consumed my bathtub back in January.
In an attempt to get a very seasonally appropriate color theme, I tried a variety of Blacks (from mica to labcolors) and never quite got the color I wanted which is how we went from the garish colors on the left to the gloriously sweet colors on the right.
And we ended up giving them away but some of them were so sad that no one wanted them.