Happy Saturday! I hope you’re all having an amazing weekend so far. Today the family and I are going to watch the Bramble Berry team compete in the Muds to Suds event! We compete every year – check out these shots from 2013. It’s fun to watch everyone make it through the different mud pits annnnnd, this year the entire team is going as zombies so that’ll be extra awesome. It is raining, but that just makes the event more fun. Also, the rain is much needed here in Washington state. The wildfires are now the largest in the states history, threatening and destroying thousands of homes. So please, stay as long as you’d like rain clouds!
In soapy news, my new book, Pure Soap Making, is now available for pre-order! The book will hit stands February 2016, but you can be among the first to reserve your copy now. Each pre-order will also include a free Hanger Swirl Tool. This book has been such a labor of love, and I can’t wait for you all to get your hands on it! Click here to learn more.
In the meantime, checkout my favorite pins, tweets and ‘grams below for more soapy inspiration!
Left to right, clockwise:
- I’m in love with the delicate swirls in this Lavender Mist Yogurt Soap from SoapJam. The swirls frame the stamp so well!
- This Sample Set from Seventh Tree Soaps is incredibly well packaged. This would make an amazing Christmas gift. =)
- Fresh rolls are one of my favorite things to enjoy for lunch. These Sweet and Savory Summer Rolls with Ginger Sauce sound like a delicious twist on the classic flavor combination.
- I’m not much of a painter, so these DIY Abstract Painted Tableware look like the perfect project for my skill level!
On the left is a cold process soap with emerald melt and pour embeds. It’s scented with Green Fig Fragrance Oil and smells so fresh! On the right is Bellingham Bay, covered in smoke from the wildfires in Eastern Washington. Please rain, keep coming!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes are on their way, yay! As an effort to rid their drinks of artificial ingredients, this years “PSL” will feature real pumpkin and no caramel coloring.
- Have you noticed that lots of book covers look the same? Find out why here.
- If you love organization and fitness fashion, get a load of Khloe Kardashian’s “fitness closet.” Love her or hate her, you have to admit it’s beautiful!
- If you’re in need of a good laugh, check out this “Man vs. Pin” of DIY Melted Crayon Art. It starts out so well!
- Praising children for their accomplishments is incredibly important. If you have a young girl, here are the messages that stick.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! To keep up with the latest soapy social media throughout the week, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine and YouTube and Snapchat. To watch my ‘stories’, which include sneak peeks into future projects, add me. I’m Bramble-Berry on Snapchat.